Thirty Two

Kael

Grief for my best friend is a storm that rages silently within, a tempest of emotions I struggle to navigate. The loss of a confidant, a pack member and a source of unwavering support leaves a void that feels impossible to fill.

It's a constant ache, deep in my chest, a nagging reminder of all the shared laughter and secrets now held in solitude. Memories of our moments together replay like a bittersweet film, each scene both comforting and agonizing.

I wish I could've done things different. I wish I had never even brought him down in to the cells. Marisela told me he was compelled, it wasn't his fault, I should have listened to her then. But no, I had to be careful. I couldn't trust him.

In this grief, there's a sense of loneliness that transcends words – the companionship that once defined my days is now an absence that lingers. I'm left grappling with the pain of goodbye and the reality that I'll never share another story or hear their voice again.

Layla. Goddess. I couldn't even put into words the pain she is in right now. She lost the love of her life. Her mate. From what I have been told, losing a mate is like losing a part of yourself, only as a werewolf and an actual mate, you feel the physical pain of their loss.

Grief, is a profound sense of loss and longing, an emotional labyrinth where memories both soothe and wound. I was pulled out of my own thoughts when I heard a knock at my door. My instantly lift to Dimitri, who sits not to far from me in this meeting desk. He also looks at me confused. I could see the feint traces of guilt and heartache in his eyes. We both had to brush that aside and face whoever is behind that door.

''Come in.'' I say sitting up in my chair. The door slowly swings open. When I finally see who it is, I could feel my blood begin to boil. I sense Dimitri doing the same. I let out a low growl, warning him to control his temper.

Nadia walks in with a tray in her hands and a smile plastered across her face. The sight of this women makes me sick. I had to hold back my wolf from doing anything to harm her. He wanted her blood and so did I, but I was not going to do anything until Marisela gave me the go ahead.

The princess told me everything about this woman. How she could not be trusted. Who she really is. It took everything in me to hold myself back from detaching her head from her spine. I've been avoiding everyone in the castle while I grieved the loss of my friend. Except for Dimitri. We both grieved in silence. That is of course until this woman boldly knocked on my door.

''King Kael.'' She greets.

''Nadia.'' I say stoically.

''Do you mind if I may have a word with you, ''she says, ''in private.'' she looks at Dimitri.'' Dimitri sneers at her in disgust, but she doesn't realise this. I look over at Dimitri and nods towards the door.

''Its alright, please go check up on Marisela.'' I say through the link. Dimitri hesitantly stands up, but not before growling at Nadia. Still she does not sense the tension in the room.

When Dimitri leaves, but not before slamming the door behind him, Nadia walks over to my desk and sets a tray filled with two cups and a pot.

''I thought maybe we could have some tea.'' she says with a sickening smile. I refuse to speak to this woman, "my condolences for your loss."

I tense up at her words. Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer. I know she had something to do with Cory's death, the princess told me what she saw. So why am I not killing her right now?

Marisela.

Even after everything we know, if what that witch said is true, Nadia is a lot more powerful then we think, so we have to go about this at an angle. We couldn't slip up and let her catch on to something.