The Casino

This chapter is gonna be long and Karl's pov :).
Tw: consumption of light drugs(?)
--

I stepped on the train, standing at the entrance as i nervously rubbed my thumb up and down the handle of my baggage, my fast eyes scanning the area.
Chatter could still be heard from outside,
and people walking back and forth produced small, annoying sounds like shoes skidding against the filthy floor, and whispers hissing, and clothes brushing together.

"Move." a raspy voice groaned as someone pushed me to the side and quickly disappeared between the faceless backs sluggishly marching to find their cabin.
I snapped from my thoughts, excusing myself to the people behind me and starting to walk towards any place, trying to keep my distance from the dense cloud of strangers but then just giving in and starting to squirm between them, sometimes getting hit by their rigid luggages or pointy elbows.
I held my breath as the air started getting warmer and the space smaller.
Then, finally, my empty cabin.
I slung into it, locking myself inside it as if it held the greatest treasure known to the man.

I threw my bags on the floor, too lazy and uncaring to treat them properly and plopped on the bed, my balance shifting from the train starting to depart.
I moved away the pinkish curtain from its window and observed as the view changed in smudges of greens and blues, as branches of trees melted and their foilages accompanied them with liquid leaves.
The long journey would have lasted twenty-four hours, and all i had to entertain me was a notebook, carefully tucked in my leathered bag.
I got up and kneeled to the floor as i reached for it, unlocking it with the combination that kept it secure and smiling once i had finished choosing the numbers.
0103 , Sapnap's birthdate.
I furrowed my eyebrows as i opened the luggage, noticing two books i didn't recall putting there.
"Romeo and Juliet" and "Pride and Prejudice"
Sneaky bastard. I opened the first page of the Shakespearean novel, noticing an envelope with my name written in the tidy cursive characteristic of my Grandma's.

I opened it as the limbs of paper snapped, revealing a written card.

Karl my sweet boy, don't fret for the letter i found, it will remain a secret between us two.
I didn't have time to explain, but you are not alone. When i was your age my heart got captured by a beautiful soul whose name was the one of a flower, and with her I started loving everything that sang her presence.
A year later she fell terribly ill and passed by my side as i watched the warmth leave her ivory skin.
I met your grandfather, a man i was forced to marry for my parents' will, leaving me with four kids and a memory of my dear Iris in our flower shop.
My sweet boy, I will always be there for you as if you were born my son, and I hope you will love the man you've written those words about just as deeply as I have loved my beautiful girl, light of my days.
Come see me some time and take care of yourself as i taught you to.
I love you dearly.

P.S. Sapnap told me to give you these books, so I tucked them in here. I hope you don't mind.

My sweet, sweet grandma. I smiled and held the sheets of paper to my chest, similarly to a young girl that just finished reading her first love letter.
I was thrilled with excitement and a slight feeling of anguish, quickly buzzing over any other thought.
What about Sapnap? Is he gonna be okay? I bet he's feeling terrible right now. Oh, how i wish I could hug him.
My foot started tapping anxiously as i bit my nails, the ripetitive snap of my teeth against my fingertips accompanying the noise of the train moving on the binaries.

I laid the books on my clothes, which were spilling from the busy bag, and grabbed my notebook with a pack of cigarettes.
I laid the first one on my lap and spread it open, then picked a slim, tobacco-filled stick and slipped a lighter from my pockets.
I observed the flame as it approached my face and painted my features a golden colour, partially hidden by the sunlight poking through the open curtains.
I sucked a deep breath in, letting myself enjoy the burning feeling travel from my tongue to my throat, exiting warm from my nose into a white cloud. Then i started writing.