Deep Within The Bloodline \\part 2\\

Part 2 of the Chapter 'Deep Within the Bloodline'

Might not be updating due to midterm assessments (WHYYYYYY-😭😭😭)

sry for not updating, i was on hiatus for more than a month >_<

Im BACK-

Enjoy reading!! ^ ^ 

"Malaysia, I-" were the words stuck in Indo's throat. He huffed out, "I am sorry."

Mal ignored him for the time being. Their relationship isn't strong enough.

"Did you think having UK as my stepfather was easy?! ..."

"He took my biological father and mother away!"

Tears ran down the Indonesian's face as the words repeated several times in his head. He felt a feeling he had never felt before. He was unsure. Should he wipe his tears or not? 

"Stop crying," Indo mumbled. "Just stop!"

Phil, who was behind Indo, felt the same way, too. "Hey, Indonesia -"

"Shut up, Mal - Oh sorry, Phil..." Indo said, wiping his tears. 

"Where is Malaysia?" he left his... pendant on the counter."  Phil said, handing the hibiscus pendant to Indo. "You are the only one I could depend on to give him this." 

"But he doesn't love me-" Indonesia mumbled. 

"Shut up, just write a note or something.  Put the pendant near the doorstep or something."

"You do it, Phil." 

"No, you do it." 

"What about Singapore?"

((Singa POV))

I lay down on my bed, thinking. 

The last time Mal and I were together was way before we got separated. We used to hang out, chill at a nearby cafe, or sleep at each other's house. After covid, we met again... ahhh that ended up bittersweet. 

My phone was on silent mode, and my 'colleagues' were busy spamming messages on Discord or some messaging platform. I dare not to open them. 

I wanted to close my eyes, but then...

*RING* 

*RING*

I stood up and woke to where my phone was sitting, which was on the table near my working desk. I answered the call and guess what, Indo called.

"Hey bro, Malaysia left his pendant on the office table. Can you come outside and give it to Mal if you see him?" Indo asked. 

"Why would I do that?" I grumbled. 

"Just do it. He is the only member wearing a pendant amongst the ASEAN members." Indo explained. 

"Fine, I will do it." I said, ending the call. I walked towards the door. I felt a heavy tug from the inside of my heart, the feeling pumped more inside. Thump Thump 

I opened the door and found a napkin along with the hibiscus pendant. I held it up close, examining the shape and color. The petals glowed vibrantly. 

Wait, it can;t be. 

This was the exact pendant I gave him on his 24th birthday (last year) . He loved it very much. How could he forget this?

 So I ran to Mal's house and took breaks on the way. I can't live he lives next to Thailand. 

I knocked on the Malaysian's house door. It didn;t open at first, but then Malaysia opened the door. 

"Hey, Singapore... do you need anything?" Mal asked.

"Here, your pendant. You... left this at the meeting room." I muffled, handing the pendant to Malaysia. 

"Oh, damn... I must've taken it off because the room was a bit warm and I don't really wear this. But I didn't bring this to my office. Must be my sister's one." Mal said.

"Your sister -" Singa asked.

"Anyways, It looks like it is going to rain, come inside, and I'll get you a snack." Mal said, assuring SInga not to worry and inviting him inside. Singa took off his shoes and stepped inside.

The wooden floor creaked underneath as Singa walked to the kitchen. He sat down on a nearby chair. Mal handed him a piece of kuih keria  to Singa. Singa didn't want to eat it at first, but he took a big bite and then regretted what he said. "Mal apa ini?" Singa asked. 

"It's kuih keria, made out of sweet potatoes and kneaded into a shape of a donut, then boiled. TO top it all off,  I put sugar to make it sweet!" Mal explained. 

"No wonder it tastes so good..." Singa said.

Singapore then walked through the corridor and admired the photos of Mal's family hung on the wall. There was Mal's father and mother, posing elegantly with their children Malaysia and E.M.

Their bloodline is strong, and when Malaysia has children, a special gift will be passed down.