~Double Stars~

It had been about four months since Jack and Z had taken Astrid to see that doctor. About four months since Astrid was told she would have long to live. 

Astrid didn't want to believe him about what he said. But as time went on, it was becoming more and more believable. The pain never went away, always being haunted by that same nightmare almost every night. And her heart rate just kept going up and never slowing down. 

Astrid woke up to that nightmare again. It was still dark out and cold, but she was covered in sweat. She clenched her chest in pain. Breathing heavily as she tried to calm herself down. 

Once she was able to calm herself down, she sat up and picked up the monitor sitting next to her. It was already past seven hundred. It just kept going higher and higher. 

Astrid crawled out of the tent and laid on the floor. She really wished Jack and Z were here to comfort her. But they had their own homes and family. Astrid had none. 

~

About an hour later, Astrid decided that she probably needed to walk it off. And her heartbeat slowly began to decrease back to what it originally was. 

Despite all the aliens that were still out and about, none of them frightened her. Plus, she grew up with most of them around her. They were all quite friendly. And if someone were to try and hurt her, all she really needed to do was run. It wasn't like they were going to catch up to her. 

After a while of just walking, Astrid walked further into the park until she was met with the lake. She sat close by, but far enough so that she wouldn't somehow fall in. 

She looked up at the sky, as always. She looked for as long as she could until a shooting star appeared. But there were none. 

About ten years. That's how much time she had. She wanted not to think about it. To hopefully just forget about it, but she knew what was going to be impossible. She honestly wished she never went to see that doctor. She'd rather die not knowing than to count her days. And she knew that she would.

About thirty minutes went by, and she finally saw a shooting star. Astrid quickly clapped her hands together and shut her eyes while making her wish. 

"Just a couple more years. Please. That's all I ask. I want more time."

A few more years of what?

That was the question running through the boys head as he heard Astrid make her wish. But that wasn't his main focus, it was also her eyes. She had really pretty eyes.

He was so distracted with her, he forgot to make his own. He clapped his hands together and closed his eyes. "I want food."

Soon, he could hear her beginning to cry. He opened his eyes and saw her head had dropped down and her body was shaking. He prepared himself to run over and comfort her. 

"Bridge! It's time to go home."

"Coming, mom!" He shouted back as he turned to run back to her. But he quickly stopped in his tracks and turned back to Astrid. 

~

The tears wouldn't stop no matter how hard she tried. She absolutely hated crying. "I don't want to die." She mumbled to herself. And then the crying continued. 

Suddenly, she felt something being dropped on her head. The crying stopped, and she was left in confusion. She lifted her head, only for the green sweater to fall on her lap. 

Astrid turned around, only to see Bridge running back to his car already. He turned back to Astrid and waved to her as he hopped back in. 

Astrid didn't do nor say anything. She was still confused by the sudden gesture. Suddenly, she got cold. And she hesitantly put the sweater on. It was slightly big, but she didn't mind. At least she was no longer crying. 

Unfortunately for them, this would be a day neither of them were going to remember. Astrid will go on to think of her soon to be coming death and spending as much time with Jack and Z as much as possible. And Bridge would be to focused on his training at S.P.D.

Neither of them knowing that they'd shine each others worlds in the future.

~The End~

Hope you liked this short chapter. 

But keep a look out for my next Power Ranger story that will be coming out on the 27. Hope you guys will enjoyed the next story as much as you enjoyed this one. 

Thank you for the reads! :)