~ POLLUX ~

"They're after us. We need to get out of here. The world would be in great danger if Gruumm somehow got his hands on-"

"He won't. I'll make sure of that." A males voice said. "Which is why we need to get back to S.P.D."

Astrid woke up breathing heavily. Sweat was dripping down her forehead. It came to her realization that the two people that were talking were her parents. And she knew that this was when they were making their escape.

Astrid heard stomping from down the hallway. The noise got closer. The doors opened up and Bridge came in breathing heavily from running. "I'm here." He panted. He looked to his morpher and sighed. "Thankfully it's not too high."

Bridge grabbed the chair from her desk and pulled it next to her bed. "Are you okay?" He asked.

Astrid nodded. "I'm just really confused."

"What happened? Are you back to getting those nightmares.?"

"Yes, but no. It wasn't the same nightmare. I think I need to talk to Kat about it." She said.

"How about we do that in the morning?" Bridge suggested.

"I think that's a good idea." Astrid agreed. She groaned when a slight headache started to kick in.

"Are you okay? Do you need water? Or some food?"

"I'm fine. I think I'm just gonna go back to bed. But will you come with me to talk to Kat tomorrow?"

Bridge nodded. "Of course. I'll see you in the morning."

Astrid gave a tired smile. "Goodnight, Bridge."

Astrid laid back down. Bridge stood up and covered the blankets over her before leaving. He was still worried, no doubt. He ended up standing outside her room for another ten minutes before going back to his own. Even in his sleep, all he could think about was Astrid.

~

Thankfully Kat wasn't doing much when the two walked in. She gave them a small smile and welcomed them in. "What brought you two here?" She asked.

"I wanted to talk to you. About my parents." Astrid said. Bridge turned to her confused. "Cruger told me that you knew them very well."

"I did. Your mother and I were great friends. Not only that, I was there when you were born."

"Kat, you were in the delivery room?" Bridge asked.

Kat let out a laugh. "No, not that. I was the first to hold her after her parents. That's how good of friends we were. They were wonderful people. I remember when I first saw you. I was amazed at how much you looked like them. You have your mother's brains. And your father's strength."

Astrid smiled as she sat on a stool. "That's what Cruger said."

"Smart minds think alike."

"So have you also known about my heart problems?" Astrid asked.

Kat frowned. "I did. The second you were born, the hospital realized that you weren't like any normal baby. For some reason, you heartbeat was nine times faster than the average person. At first, everything seemed fine. You weren't wining, you seemed healthy, you were perfect. But it didn't take long that we were able to see some problems."

Bridge frowned. He felt worried and turned to Astrid. But she was just listening.

"Anytime your heartbeat would rise, you just started to cry. Not even the hospital was able to figure it out. We came to a conclusion that it was too much for you to handle. And unfortunately we weren't really able to figure out that cause of what made your heartbeat rise all the time. And we couldn't find a way to stop it in time."