Chapter One~ Moving Day

"Jane! Come meet the new neighbors with us!" my mom yelled.

Neighbors? I thought. New people? Next door? Who would live in that dump?

I got up and hurried to put my shoes on and catch up with my parents. When I got next door, my mother and father were already talking to our new neighbor.

"Well, Diane, I think it would be a great idea to have dinner sometime." My mother suggested.

"Yes. That would be lovely Jennifer." She replied.

"Oh. Here is our daughter, Jane."

"Hello. I'm Jane." I said.

"Hi. I'm Diane. I see you go to Oaksville High." She said, noticing my track sweatshirt.

"My son's a sophomore there." She introduced.

"So am I. I might know him." I said.

"Here. Let me get him."she said while stepping inside the house.

"She seems nice." I said to my parents.

"Yeah. And she has three young kids and I told her you would be happy to babysit them. " My mother told me.

"Really Mom?" I whined.

"Yes really. It's the polite and-"

"Here he is." Diane said, cutting off my mom.

I gasped. "Oh my God."

"Jane." My mother snapped.

Kyle Lorde stepped out of the house pulling on a shirt and looking totally pissed. He stopped once he saw me. A look of shock written on his face. He didn't even bother hiding it.

"Uh, Jane. Uh, hi." Kyle managed to spit out.

"Hi Kyle."

"So you guys know each other already?" Diane asked.

"Uh, sort of. " I said.

Know him? Did I know Kyle Lorde? Of course I knew him! Not only was he the one who spread nasty rumors about me, he's been tormenting me since sixth grade! Making me feel like shit for the past four years. Now I live next door to him.

"Mom. Can I go unpack please? " Kyle asked.

"Yeah, sure. Take Jane with you. " she said.

My eyebrows shot up with surprise while Diane and Kyle looked at me. I looked at my parents and the look on their faces were pure joy to see me handed the opportunity to hang out with a guy. "Well go ahead J. We'll be talking to Diane if you need us."

"Ok." I said sheepishly.

I followed Kyle inside and to his room.

"Do you need help with anything?" I asked.

"No, I don't need help with anything. Especially from you." Kyle snapped at me.

"Look. It's not my fault you moved next door to me. I was being polite and asking if you needed help. You have no right to snap at me." I spat at him. I showed myself out of their house and stomped home. I got inside and stormed to my room.

Right when I walked in, I noticed my bedroom window was right across from Kyle's bedroom window. I could see him inside his room. He looked even more pissed off than he did before. After I left, he took his shirt off. Even though he might be a dick, he's pretty ripped and good looking.

What the fuck are you thinking?! He's not hot! He's a dickhead! Stop thinking about him. I thought/yelled to myself. With that, I ripped my curtains closed and called it a day.

~*~
//AN//
Hey guys. This is the first book I'm writing, so sorry if it's not that good. Tell me what you think!! :)