"Yes, she does. Especially the caramel ones." He answered. I nodded my head, not that he could see.

"Is everything okay?" He asked me. "Aarohi has caught up a little fever accompanied by cough. The doctor was asking if she likes candies so he can give her some lozenges." I answered.

With another few seconds of hussing and bussing on either ends over Aarohi, I excused myself.

Coming back to where the doctor diagnosed my daughter, I gave him an affirm nod to his question.

As Vaani excused herself to take a call, leaving me with the doctor behind her.

"Your wife seems pretty worried." He commented. "Pacify her. It's pretty normal for kids falling ill in the transitional weather." He told me.

And this time around, I did not correct him. I should have. But the thought of Vaani Rudraksh being Aarohi's mother, seemed too alluring-ly natural.

The sound of wind sterling the dried leaves as the sun casted an orange glow in the sky was a sight to behold

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

The sound of wind sterling the dried leaves as the sun casted an orange glow in the sky was a sight to behold.

Another phenomenal sight to see was my assistant's loose locks swirming around with the wind. Looking at my assistant in a different light was a far cry from what is righteous, especially when she hasn't awarded me with any answers- let alone a positive one.

"She's okay now. You can breathe." I told her. She hummed in reply, still partially hung over today's events as she looked ahead into the busy city.

Sitting on the sane terrace where my father and my brother had found their loved ones, I wondered what was in fate for me.

Loving was a losing bet. Samaira's breakup had wrecked me. But her death has installed a fear I don't think I'll ever get over. But the idea of a happy family, was way too tempting for me to give up Aarohi.

No doubt, I'll love my wife. Like any other woman of my family. But that would be a reciprocal one. The love would be dedicated to her sacrifices, her love towards me and my family, her dedication to fill my life with positive aspects, not because I fell in love with her soul.

"Did you think about my proposal?" I asked her, finally addressing the elephant in the room.

"I did." She admitted. "I am tempted to say yes." She answered. I see a but coming anytime now.

"But?" I answered, not wanting to be left in suspense for any longer.

"But there are too many parameters on my side for you to consider too." She tucked her knees closer to her chest.

"Name them, please." I ask her. She took a deep breath before she starts.

"It's going to cost me my glorious job at Arundhati. I don't want to get back to the position of being your assistant after being your wife for whatever period you choose. My self respect won't allow me to." She told me.

"You could always take a position of HOD at any other branch, if you wish. We can always draw a prenup stating that you can redeem the position whenever you want. The pay may lack with a few thousands from your current salary, though." I offered. She emersed herself in her thoughts before ultimately nodding her head, reluctantly.

"I have just got out of a long term relationship. Making my family believe that I fell in love yet again, within less than a month, would never be possible." She pointed out.

"Don't worry. Mothers love me. I'll be able to impress your mom and she'll handle your dad." I nudged her shoulder lightly with mine as she let out a chuckle.

"The media would ultimately be able to dig up my past with... Aman. It would never be a pretty sight." She sighed. "A stood up bride for the crowned prince? That's going to make great gossip headlines."

"There's nothing the PR can't handle." I pointed out.

"What about your family? Do you really think they'll not be able to see through our facade?" She asked quitely.

"They might. They might not. I'll make sure we make this as real as possible." I answered.

"I would always feel guilty about tricking your mother, though."

Even though I wanted to post four days ago, I had no idea what to write

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Even though I wanted to post four days ago, I had no idea what to write. I was just stuck at 216 words.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

No goals kyuki pure to hone nahi hai.