1. The Wrong Turn

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Clutched in red lehenga, I sat in front of the mirror as the artists were busy in making their magic work on my hair

Clutched in red lehenga, I sat in front of the mirror as the artists were busy in making their magic work on my hair. My emotional mother kept herself busy in preparations. 

My mother refused to conduct the wedding in a subtle format. She went all out on the preparations of my wedding. And hence, I had been made to sit in my room for the past four hours as the make up and hair artists did their best to doll me up. 

"Why are you shivering, Vaani? Sit still!" My mother scolded me as I kept bouncing my knee up and down. I was having cold feet. 

This is my 'D-Day'! It was normal for me to be nervous. This is the day that would be captured in high resolution cameras, that would be played again and again at various instances in the future as I and Aman would share the snippets of our love story to our children. 

I shut my eyes and took deep breathes to calm myself down. "I am trying, amma." I managed to let out. 

"Where is Navi, Amma?" I asked her. I had not seen my sister since the breakfast. 

"I don't know. Might be with her friends." She vaguely replied.

"Can you please call her into my room?" I requested her. My mother's eyes softened around the corners as she complied to my demand. 

I thanked the artists as they gave me a green signal. I looked as beautiful as I hoped to be. 

I could not wait to see my groom's expressions. My parents, my sister, my relatives, my friends from high school and college and my colleagues all were invited along with his. Very co-incidentally, my boss happen to be Aman's best friend from college and hence, Adyansh Singh Rathore had also happened to be there on the other side of the door. 

I wonder if he had a scowl on his face in my wedding too. I giggled at the possibility. 

A knock on my door resonated. I wondered who would have been allowed to even enter into my wing. My bridesmaids were on a strict patrolling for the night and I was advised to open the door only if the code word had been spelt out.

My clue to not attend the door was the mere knock.

The sound of tyrant chaos could be heard on the other end, in the hallway.

A little later, I heard a deep growling sound.

"Home Sweet Home. It's me, Adyansh." I heard my boss's infuriated voice.