15. The Deep Thoughts

Don't forget to vote and comment!

The clicking of my six inches heels on the tiled floor of headquarters' corridor gave me a confidence like eighth wonder

Cladded in a pastel pink suit, I was all set for the day. My hair open, dark red lipstick on my face and the minimal eyeliner coating my eyeline was all that I needed today. I had my hair tie tied on my wrist incase I need to hold my hair in an up-do I'll be ready to do so, without the need to make a run towards my bag.

Knocking on my boss's door with my i-pad tucked under my arm and the tray with a tea cup ready, I barged in after his permission.

"Good morning." I greeted. He reciprocated the wish followed by the instant grab of the tea cup. He moaned at the first sip as he gave his attention to me.

Dark lines coated the underside of his eyes making him look like he's in his forties instead of his twenties.

"Another long night with Aarohi?" I ask him. He sighed and nodded.

"I guess I have an appointment with the lawyer today?" He asked me referring to Monica Jahangir, his lawyer for personal cases.

"Yep." I answered him.

"So, what do we have today?" He asked me, referring to his schedule.

"A meeting, in half an hour, for the Indian Fashion week. You'll have to approve the designs sent by Prisha ma'am's NGO.

Following the meeting is the monthly progress report meeting with the HODs.

Then you'll be free to have your meeting with Ms. Jahangir.

Oh! And you have Aarohi's appointment with Pediatrician too. I guess you'll want to accompany her." I reminded him.

"And then you'll have a few finance reports from Ambala and Chandigarh to review. That's all." I reported him.

He nodded as he finished his cup of tea. Standing upto his glorious height of six feet one inch, he buttoned up his suit and asked me to lead the way.

Instead of me opening the door, it was my boss holding the door for me showcasing how gentleman he is, like always.

A few designs sent by the NGOs were approved, many were rejected and many were sent back for improvement with sticky notes about what is wrong in them.

The next meeting with the HODs concluded with the boss's demeanour being deamening.

For his appointment with his lawyer in his cabin, I left him alone. As I sat down in my cabin with a thud, I groaned.

Slipping my legs out of the heels, I massaged my heels and toes. Tying my hair into a ponytail, I concentrated on the flooded e-mail box.

Answering a few, I heard a knock on my cabin's door. My eyebrows furrowed. I asked the person on the other side to enter.

The door opened to reveal my boss in distress.