Chapter 5

XIX. Shizue - Sorting out past feelings

3rd POV

The chaotic trio left the medical house or home of one of the Pillars of the Demon Slayer Corps - the Insect Hashira Shinobu Kocho. This was all new for Shizue. Just a few months ago, she was still hugging her deceased mother in the Illusionary Realm that Rimuru created for her after her tragic death. 

Sitting on the Wooden porch of the House, she would watch the training of the boys occasionally whenever her weak body allowed her to be outside of the bed.  Now as the boys left she felt somewhat lonely despite the staff and Shinobu who would visit her from time to time. 

Shizue looked down at the Katan in front of her, taking it out of its sheath and laying it down on her lap.  

Shizue's long black hair waved along freely from the soft blowing wind. Even with that battle-crazed body, it was a beautiful sight. Such thoughts had Rimuru as he stood behind her, and he ultimately voiced out, "You look beautiful" 

Shizue smiled softly and gestured for him to sit down next to her with her following angelic yet hurt-sounding voice, "Come here, Rimuru" 

Rimuru who wouldn't have needed her words to do precisely that, so he sat down next to her "You're still feeling not well?" 

"You know Rimuru, I thought the same" Shizue said 

Confused as to what she meant Rimuru remained silent only looking at her and waiting for her to continue as he looked at Shizue's beautiful eyes. 

"This Sword's body is filled with cracks and painted with its enemies' blood. Having lost its sharpness, it could possibly not fulfill its duty of slaying anymore- while it still looks beautiful. Don't you think so Rimuru?" Shizue said 

Understanding the hidden meaning behind her words, Rimuru couldn't feel anything else than sadness "Shizue.. you shouldn't look at yourself this way" 

"..." Shizue remained silent, but she felt at ease once Rimuru embraced her. She enjoyed the sudden hug from Rimuru and closed her eyes. 

"Even a dull or broken sword can kill again after it has been repaired by a Blacksmith" Rimuru said after a long pause of silence.

"Are.. you my Blacksmith?" Shizue asked 

"If that's what you want" Rimuru answered without a second of hesitation 

Shizue POV

A few weeks had passed since the time I talked to Rimuru, actually we were together a lot longer that day. But I've cried most of the time in his arms how embarrassing. But it did help me to overcome the loss of my Mother for a second time. 

'Are all my parallel existences in the Multiverse bound to life through this tragic event?' I thought as the grip around my wooden katana hardened.

"Ahhhhh!!!" I let out my feelings as I slashed down mercilessly on the training dummy, slicing it into two. I panted as my lungs cried for air. 

"It's my first time seeing someone destroying something with a wooden sword" Shinobu said as she walked towards me. I've been indebted to this woman. Without her help, this second life of mine might have been already over. 

'But to think that Rimuru decided to visit this world too.. I guess... I really.. am his destined.. one' I thought, embarrassed as he had said that on my deathbed. 

"H..." 

"Hell- Hello?" 

"Shizue-sama are you listening?? Hello?" Shinobu's voice slowly got me out of my thoughts