It was in the next battle when things went wrong. Thoon, born to oppose the fates attacked them with Mimas, Hephaestus's bane. As Mimas said, plans were broken and maps misread. None of their strategies were working and they were taking more hits than they were giving.

Percy felt some hope though, as the tide began to turn and it seemed for a second as if they may have a chance of winning. Then it happened. One second he and Jason were fighting side by side, grinning at each other as they destroyed monsters, and the next Jason was impaled on an empousa's spear. Jason's once grinning face morphed into one of confusion and pain as he looked down, pressing a hand to his abdomen, fingers curling around the spear shaft, as he choked, coughing up blood as he fell to his knees.

Percy stabbed the manticore he was fighting in the chest and ran to his friend, uncaring of whether or not he actually killed it.

"Shit Jason. Don't you dare die on me ok? Don't you fucking dare." He had never been more thankful for Will Solace's insistence of learning basic first aid, but even as he looked at his friend he knew it was too late.

No one noticed the two boys on the battlefield, as one closed his eyes for the last time after a final goodbye and as the other stood up, tears of sorrow and rage in his eyes as he called his pegasus to take his friend's body back to their camp. They did notice the boy when he delivered retribution upon them. When his sword was covered in their ichor and dust as he fought alongside the gods to take down Mimas.

Piper was the second to die. After Jason's death, she threw herself into the war, taking unnecessary risks and commanding any empusai she met to stab themselves using her charmspeak. She was shot at by an arrow while commanding a legion of empousai to kill themselves.

Fighting against Polybotes, they lost Leo when the Giant distracted Percy and drowned the mischievous son of Hephaestus. The poison Polybotes so liked turning water into was used to give him a slow and painful death as Percy drowned and revived him multiple time before striking the death blow with his father.

Hazel and Frank died together, Frank by a dragon and Hazel betrayed by the mist she commanded and left to the mercy of hellhounds.

Gaea began commanding her armies herself by then, never personally participating in the battles but always there, guarded by one of her children, generally Porphirion, and healing her army using the earth. Eventually though, one by one her remaining children fell until Porphirion only remained.

Percy and Annabeth fought back to back, covering each other, fighting their way through hellhounds, cyclopes and centaurs, finally reaching the king of the giants who was killed with the help of Zeus.

They were winning, they were actually winning. Then it happened. He looked over at Annabeth, lips curving upward into a smile, the first real smile since Jason's death, when he saw Gaea raise her hand and clench it into a fist and he could only watch in horror as tree roots rose from the ground and pierced Annabeth's skin, ripping her up from the inside.

Screaming as Gaea tore apart his hope, he ran to Annabeth, catching her as she fell, tears falling from his eyes as he held her and told her she would be alright and that there was no way she was leaving him after everything they've been through. And as the light faded from her eyes, he stood, tears freely falling from his own eyes as he turned to face Gaea and picked up his sword.

The earth, to survive, required water, no matter where or what it was. Even in the dryest of deserts, there was some form of water. Where they were right now? Surrounded by earth and Gaea's domain, Percy didn't even feel the need for a river.

His face a mask of stone, he surrounded himself and Gaea in a torrent of water, attacking her from all sides, solidifying most of the water into sharp ice which pierced her skin the same way the roots had Annabeth's. The ice was made into water which entered her body as ichor bled out, staining the ground golden. Then he raised his hand and twisted. The water inside her, mixed with her own ichor burned, and she screamed as it coursed through her veins, burning her from the inside. Percy's face remained emotionless as he buried Riptide between her ribs and let the water surrounding them fall away as he turned around leaving Gaea on the ground behind him, gasping for air as water filled her lungs and she bled out onto the ground, attempting to use the earth to heal herself before Percy lifted her off the ground using the water still coursing through her body as it burned her.

He ignored the dying primordial behind him as he stumbled towards Annabeth and knelt beside her body. Gently closing her eyes before clenching his fists and releasing his anger in the form of an earthquake which destroyed the remainder of Gaea's army.

He was vaguely aware of someone calling his name but facing his friends' gravestones he couldn't bring himself to care.

Until he was forced awake by a ball of water falling on his head that is.

Holy shit I feel worse every time I read that. I am so freaking sorry. Well at least you got some action right? And yes that got pretty dark and Percy scared me too and I wrote this! Also it is possible for him to go a little dark as seen in house of Hades against the goddess of misery. So yeah. Leave a review maybe? Imma go hide now. Umm also I wrote that whole thing with Jason, not because I like him but because as much as the fandom hates him, he is still Percy's friend. And uh I guess I felt I should tell you guys how the seven died since I never really mentioned it before.