Chapter 6 • Injured

Start from the beginning

Man hate yu rite now

Him lucky kmt.

After waiting for about 5 minutes, I see him coming back with the paper in his hand. He opens the car door and tosses the paper into my lap. Without bothering to open it, I place it in the glove compartment.

"Dawg bring mi uppa my place mek mi tek out mi tings dem bring go uppa tash" I say while sending a text to Tash.

As we arrive at the complex, Rushawn helps me out of the car and retrieves the crutches from the back seat. With his assistance, I climb the stairs, managing to reach the door in one piece. I reach into my back pocket for the keys and unlock the door. The moment I step inside, I am flooded with immediate flashbacks of that night.

FLASHBACK

Watching her walk away after she throws the knife at my feet fills me with anger.. Saph diss mi big time and den shi waa come talk bou shi a lef man

If yu cut mi yu nu see nu blood

As darkness envelops me, I squeeze off two shots, one finding its mark in her shoulder and the other in her thigh.

Realizing what I've done, I toss the gun on the floor and watch her body collapse on the floor, blood seeping from both wounds.

My head is spinning as I scan the room for my phone, eventually spotting it in the crevice of the couch. Without hesitation, I dial Shawn's number, and he answers on the second ring, his voice sounding as if I woke him up

"Dawg fawud now it urgent, mi cya talk pon di phone" I say, disconnecting the call.

Him affi hurry up before di ppl dem call police

I pace the floor, scanning the room as I contemplate my next move. Saph na go forgive mi fi dis bbc. I halt when I hear a faint knock on the door, and I quickly open it to let Rushawn inside.

A look of shock paints across his face, and he exclaims, "bomboclaat Taylor weh yu do?"

"Dawg lower yu fucking voice, Saph test mi dawg, mi tell har bou Tash, well mi tell har mi married and she diss mi and mi gi har two shot"

"Big man ya sniff coke to pussyclaat, yu shuda deh yasso a put pressure pon di wound" He ask rushing over to her

"Mi did a panic dawg, fuck Shanique ago kill mi. How mi ago get outta dis fada"

"Bredda ya eediat yu want har dead or sumn yu nu see shi a bleed out, guffi 2 shirt mek me wrap har up quick"

Sprinting to the room and rummaging through my drawer for two marina. I rush back, tossing one to Rushawn so he can use it to bandage her shoulder, while I apply the other to her wounded thigh.

Yu fuck up fi dis Travis my subconscious says

Rushawn lifts her and carries her over his shoulder, making his way towards the door.

"Yo fawud wi affi rush har a di hospital now, cause she a get heavy dawg" he says

Him dvn need help wid har dung di stairs

Hastening after him, I snatch the key from the center table and quickly follow them through the door.

Arriving at the car, I open the door for him to place her in the backseat.

I retrieve my phone and dial Tyler's number, and he answers on the first ring. I quickly inform him about the shooting incident and the urgent need for his cleaning team to handle the situation tonight. I also let him know that there's a key under the mat by the door.