CHAPTER TWO - REFLECTION

Comenzar desde el principio

Astrid starts to laugh hysterically, watching Atlas perform.

"H-hey!" Hiccup scowls at his sister, and then walks over to her, shoving her hard, making her fall over.

In retaliation, Atlas pulls Hiccup's (real) foot out from under him, making him fall flat on his butt.

Hiccup sighs. "Okay, can I finish telling my story now?"

Atlas grins, getting up and dusting herself off. "Sure." She smirked in triumph, and went to sit back down again.

Meanwhile, Astrid is still giggling at the siblings exchange.

"So," Hiccup begins. "As I was saying, I head downstairs-

"After tripping." Astrid can't resist adding with a grin.

"Yes, Astrid, after tripping. And I get: 'Son. We need to talk.'" Hiccup makes his voice deeper and positions himself in a heroic-like stature, trying to imitate his dad.

"Not now dad, I got a whole day of goofing off to get started." Astrid imitates Hiccup in a hilarious way, changing her voice and shrugging her shoulders in an odd way.

Atlas struggles to keep from bursting out laughing, in order not to ruin the 'Hiccstrid moment'. She ends up coughing and choking on her laughter.

"Wh-what? Okay, first of all, I-I don't sound like that, who- what is this character? And-and second, what is that thing you're doing with my shoulders?"

Astrid laughs again, shrugging her shoulders again in that odd way.

"Yeah, uh, a truly flattering impersonation. Anyway, he goes: 'You're the pride of Berk son,'" Hiccup says, imitating his father again. "'And I couldn't be prouder-'"

"Ah, thanks dad, I'm pretty impressed with myself too!" Astrid again imitates Hiccup, and Atlas falls over sideways, gasping for air at how funny the scene before her is.

"Wh-when have I ever done that with my hands?" Hiccup laughs, doing exactly what Astrid had just done.

"You just did!" Both girls yell.

"Ahhh, ok just- just hold. Still." Hiccup holds Astrid's arms still, trying to get her to be serious. "Very serious."

Astrid giggles, calming down. In the background, Atlas sees all the dragons playing. She smiles at the heartfelt moment between riders and dragons.

Meanwhile, Hiccup continues his story. "'You're all grown up. And since no Chief could ask for a better successor, I've decided-'"

"To make you Chief! Oh my gods. Hiccup! That's amazing!"

Atlas winces as Astrid punches Hiccup in the chest. "That's gotta hurt." She mumbles.

"Ahhhhh!!" Hiccup shrieks in pain. "Y-you're gonna wear out the spring coil. The calibration is very sensitive." He says, talking about his flight suit.

Atlas rolls her eyes as her brother nerds out again. When she looks back at them, she sees her friend and her brother laying tangled on the ground. She squints in confusion. Next thing she knows, there's a blur of black, blue, and white right overtop her body. She shrieks in pain and clutches her stomach screaming, "BAD DRAGONS! BAD DRAGONS!"

Hiccup chuckles at his sister, but it's a sad kind of laugh that doesn't last long. "Yeah. Soooo. This is what I'm dealing with."

"What did you tell him?"

"I-I didn't. By the time he turned around I was gone."

Atlas laughs dryly, remembering the look on her father's face. But she couldn't help but feel bad for her brother.

"Well, it's a lot of responsibility, the map will have to wait, for sure, and Atlas or I will need to fly Toothless since you'll be too busy. But."

"I-It's not me, Astrid. All those speeches and planning, and running the village, that's his thing."

"I think you're missing the point. I mean Chief! What an honor. I'd be pretty excited."

Atlas sighed, listening to their conversation. That wasn't really the point either. Hiccup clearly didn't want to be Chief, and he didn't have a lot of confidence in himself.

"I-I'm not like you. You know exactly who you are, you always have. But, I'm still looking. I know that I'm not my father, and I never met my mother, so what does that make me?"

Atlas frowned at how much those words pained her. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?) she couldn't relate to Hiccup's words. True, she wasn't her father. Or Astrid, for that matter. And true, she never knew her mother. But she did know exactly who she was. She loved making things. The feeling of having worked hard to create something, and the knowledge that said thing could be useful to others? Indescribable. Whether it was a saddle, axe, sword, house, or anything else, she loved building and creating things. She smiled sadly. If only Hiccup could figure out who he was.

She got up from where she was sitting, and sat down next to her brother. She put her arm around him and gave him a one-armed hug to show her reassurance.

"What you're searching for isn't out there, Hiccup. It's in here," Astrid said, putting a hand over his heart. "Maybe you just don't see it yet."

And Atlas would have smiled at how sweet the Hiccstrid scene was, had it not been for something in the distance that caught her eye. She squinted. Was that... smoke?! Her eyes widened, and she let out a small gasp. She felt Hiccup get up a bit next to her, and she knew he had seen it too.

"Maybe. But, you know, there is something out there."

Live laugh love Hiccstrid

Live laugh love Hiccstrid. <3 :D

A/N: Ok, chapter 2. 1,308 words. A little more Atlas involvement. Next chapter will get more interesting hehe ;D

XOXO,

arosy