Chapter 5

The 23rd of November

Robin was just laying on his bed, dissociating. When he suddenly heard the household cat "Comet" meowing at his door.

Robin got up and opened the door for her, she stretched on Robins legs. So Robin picked her up and started petting her.
R- Well wasn't that a big stretch?

Robin looked at Comet.
R- You know, you're right. I should go on a walk and clear my head.

Robin put Comet down in the hall and he started getting ready to leave.
R- I'll be back soon. Don't cause any mischief.

Half an hour into the walk, Robin heard the bushes rustling.

Robin stepped back and pulled out a small knife that Culver gave them.

They waited to see what would happen, when a cat jumped out.
It was a beautiful but dirty tortoiseshell. With a scar on their nose and two different colored eyes, the right one being yellow and the left one being green.

The cat showed a bit of anxiety, so they stepped back to not overwhelm the cat.

They also put the knife away and sat down on the nearby bench to observe the cat.

The cat seemed to calm down and they jumped onto the same bench that Robin was sitting on.

R- Hi buddy?
Stood up on Robins legs, letting them check if the cat had a collar.

R- No collar...
The cat started rubbing itself on Robin, while meowing. Begging for pets and attention.

Robin obliged, they just sat there. With the cat for a couple minutes when they suddenly heard someone approaching.

T- Hey Robin, what'chu doing out?
Tanner asked, but before Robin could respond. The cat hissed and started being very aggressive.
T- Oh wow, they don't really like me all that much. Do they?
Tanner took a step back.

As Tanner stepped back, the cat went back to normal.
R- Sorry about that, I don't know why they reacted that way.
T- It's okay, what's their name?
R- They don't have one yet, I just found them.
T- And they're already this protective of you? What are you, the cat whisperer?
Tanner laughed.

Robin fake laughed.
R- I guess so.

T- Soo... Why did you never respond to my text?
R- What text?
T- The one about you being expelled from school?
R- Ohhh that one... Right.
Um, I lost my phone.
T- You lost your phone?
R- Yeah. I can't find it.

Despite it being a lie, Robin managed to say it quite convincingly.
Tanner had a bit of disbelief on his face, but he seemed to brush it off.

T- Well, can we talk about it now?
R- What's there to talk about?
T- Oh I don't know, maybe the fact you 'won' a 1v5?
R- Is that impressive to you?
T- Yes!
R- Ah, well.
T- What was the fight even about? I heard it was payback for you bullying some other students? But I don't think you're the type to bully people.
R- Of course not. They stole my headphones, it got physical. Then in the principals office I got told that I've been bullying 20 people. With no proof whatsoever.

The cat looked up at Robin, at which his blood pressure lowered.

T- Do you have any names?
R- No, they were scared I would "Bully them into silence again"
With the "racism card"
T- What.
R- Yeah I apparently bullied people into silence by pulling the race card.
T- How?
R- I don't know exactly, but it seems like I would turn the situation around on them, because accusing a person of color of stealing is racist?
I don't know It's just so weird to me.
T- Well, if it helps you feel better. Some people are trying to protest for you. They think It's unfair and want you to comeback to the school.

Robin scoffed.
R- Even If I could, I wouldn't. The school has proven their incompetency enough for me to never step foot on campus ever again.

Robin sighed.
R- Changing the topic, what are you doing here?
T- Oh I was out on a walk when I saw you with the cat.
R- Which speaking of I should get home and bathe.
T- Good idea, but I just have one last question.
R- That being?
T- Can I have your number?
R- Okay, but I'm warning you now that I don't really use it.
T- It's better than nothing.
R- True.

The duo exchanged numbers, waved eachother goodbye and they went their seperate ways.

Once Robin returned home, they took off their shoes and jacket.
After that they went into the bathroom to bathe the cat.

After drying off the cat and playing with it a bit, Robin got a text from Tanner.

"Hey when are you free?"