Chapter 3 - Small Favour From God

Later that night.
My brother tucked me in bed and I pretended to be asleep. After waiting for half an hour I guess everyone in the house was asleep.

Just to be sure I tip toed to the door and opened it slightly checking out side if anyone was there or not.

So I guess no one is there.

Medea: Jesper. I know you can see me can you come for a moment.

But there was no response.

Medea: Jesper can you please come for a moment.

I tried to sound as much nice as I could.

Medea: Master Jesper. The god of Death can you please come for a moment.

Suddenly he came and stood infront of me with a smirk on his face.

THIS FUCKING BASTARD. The last times we met was 3 years ago. He told me if I ever need him I have to praise him then only he would come.

Jesper: Now that's what we call respect.
Medea : I need you to do something.
Jesper: Ummm I don't think I heard it right.
Medea: Master Jesper can you do something for me.
He looked at me as if he was waiting for me to say something.
Medea: Please.

He let out a soft laugh. Man if I didn't knew about his awful personality then I'm sure I would have fell in love with him.

Jesper: Okay then tell me what do you want.
Medea: You see my birthday is coming and soon my parents are going to die.
Jesper: I know what about that.
Medea: I want to save them.
Jesper: I expected that much but how are you gonna stop them from going to the palace.
Medea: Can you tell me how they died?
Jesper: no but I can tell you one thing that they didn't die on their way to the palace but they died when they were returning.

I looked at him with a confused expression.

Jesper: I mean the king and queen weren't the one who killed them.
Medea: I know. Even though they don't like my parents image but still they could trust them with their life.
Jesper: So let's come to the point. What do you want from me?
Medea: You know when I played this game there were some mini games in which we made different potions. One of the potion was to make if look like a person was sick when he was not. So I want to use it on me to stop mom and dad from going.

He looked at me deeply before saying.

Jesper: Looks like I made the correct choice of choosing a mafia.
Medea: What do you mean?
Jesper: Leave that.

He extended his hands towards me. Suddenly some dark light started to shine in his hand and a small bottle came appeared there.

Jesper: This is the potion you were requesting. Drink it one hour before you want to turn sick.

I took the bottle from his hand. It was some purple looking liquid. As I raised my head to look at him and thank him. He disappeared.

Well it's good I don't have to call him master or say any fucking bullshit.

I kept that bottle in my lower drawer and looked outside the window. It was full moon today it was shining too bright. And looking very beautiful. In my previous life I was never able to understand why people liked to see the moon but now I understand it.

The night sky is just like Medea's life. It's dark but still full of light. It shines even after the darkness has engulfed it.

In the whole novel I liked Medea's character the best. It reminded me of myself. But now as I think about it, her life was more hard than mine.

She lost everything that she loved. And while me I never had anything which could be lost. I now understood the pain, fear and loneliness which she went through.

No matter who Isabella chose Medea would always die. But how? Medea was the biggest villain but only in the prince's case. She was just a friend to the other male leads. Killing her would be useless because she didn't even meddled in their life.

Then how come did she always die.
That too is a mystery to crack.

But for today let's just sleep.

Jesper's Pov
I looked at her from the sky as she was looking at the moon. Her death was an accident. I killed her accidentally in place of someone else. Well I did tell her this 2 years ago. But what made me shock is that she was dead calm about her accident death.

Even though she didn't found herself a reason to die. She also couldn't find a reason to live either.

I hope this life would bring happiness to you. I give you my Blessing Medea Solon and Min Hana.

And I hope you would be the one to change the fate of this world before it falss into complete darkness.