THE BEST GIFT

Writer's point of view

The sky seemed extra gloomy today to the girl who was standing on rooftop looking at the couple smiling at each other so lovingly on the first floor of building in front of her. She felt chilly winds of December on her tear stricken face. She could feel fresh tears rolling down already wet cheeks as the boy leaned and pecked her girlfriend's cheek. She fisted her palm and took a deep breath. Closing her eyes she remembered all those beautiful moments she spent with him.
"You're so cute."
"By the way, you were looking beautiful that day."
"Finally, i can start my day after looking at your good morning text."
"Bitch."
"You're an entertainer."
She flinched remembering that harsh voice and instantly opened her eyes.
"You're made to satisfy lust, not for love."
She could feel all those hands on her skin making her skin crawl and she rubbed hands over her skin to get rid of that touch. And she remembered that voice, she felt a chill running down her spine.
"I'll be happiest person alive when you'll take your last breath."
She smiled painfully remembering his last words.
"You're the first person, I loved or second, I never realised that. But my love for you is pure. I'll never taint it with my impure self but you'll be last guy I'll love in my life. My love for you is not obsession or infatuation as they say. To prove my love for you, I'm going to give you the second gift which you'll absolutely love. First, was my heart but you rejected; it was useless for you. But my second gift will make you happy and you'll love it to moon and back. And it's my demise, my end, my journey to hell; MY DEATH. Mumbling this, she jumped off the rooftop. Going down, that eight storey building, his smiling face, cute texts, annoying teasings were playing like a movie in front of her eyes. She smiled remembering his beautiful serene smile adorning his handsome sharp features. His dark brown orbs was the last thing in her mind as she whispered to herself.
"I love you Asher."
THUD
Everyone went silent in the school ground. They couldn't believe that  someone  jumped off the rooftop and she's lying in her own pool of blood now. A few teachers snapped back to reality and rushed towards the fallen girl to see a lifeless body with blood all around. Everyone was horrified to witness such a scene happening. Soon, they turned the body and gasped.
The body was none other than of Akanksha.
She was quite popular in school known for her bold replies, ambivert and sweet but a dominating personality.
In a society, where women were born natural submissive; she was born with Broken Wings to fly and reach the heights of sky, where women were thought to be soft, sweet feminine and pure, she was rough, dominating, tomboyish yet elegant and classy. She was everything a girl wasn't supposed to be.
Hearing the commotion, everyone rushed towards the ground from school premises. Everyone was shocked to see her, the happiest girl with perfect life was dying, taking her last breaths. If only they knew, what she was going through. What was hidden under  those cheery smiles and cold glares. If only they noticed, how here smiles never reached her eyes. How she was being rude to protect her fragile heart. Her best friend Kylie went in a state of shock. They weren't on the best terms that she was regretting now, but her heart couldn't take this. Her friend of six years can't just die like this. She can't, she just can't. Not before they take their graduation pictures, go to their dream college and be godmother to each other's kid. Now, it all seemed like a dream. She was angry and  disappointed with herself. Why she wasn't there when she needed her most. Why? Akanksha was always there when she needed her. Always. She remembered her fights they were recently having and regretted every words she said.
She could the sight of Asher walking there with his girlfriend Roshni and she was anything but light; ( Roshni means light) she was a slutty wench. She could bet that she saw bizzare and immense emotions of pain and flashed though Asher's eye.
Asher was shocked and flabbergasted, he could never imagine in his wildest dreams that someone like Akanksha could do this. He huffed in annoyance, " Hey, get up. We all know you're doing this to get attention. We're not give you any. Get up. Stop begging for attention always. We all know you're to selfish to kill your own self."
Kylie got up and slapped his face with all her strength. Everyone was shocked and was getting in a state of frenzy when they saw a girl dying, her best friend slapping school's headboy. They all heard siren of ambulance approaching as few nurses came and took her lifeless body with them. Two teachers went with them to hospital. And everyone was told to get back to their classes and collect their bags and will leave for their home as school is giving them half day off due to unavoidable emergency. Everyone knew was the emergency was about. Students dispersed and left for their respective classes.
Asher rushed towards Kylie and screamed at her, "How dare you? How can you slap me ?" Kylie said with a bored tone but only she knew how she was controlling her anger, " Won't mind showing you again." He was raged, " After knowing everything, you still have guts to say this to my face." Kylie was shocked and she still murmured, " You really think she was happy to leave you. She always said you can read her eyes, Asher, she trusted you too much for her own destruction. I would have told you everything but I don't know the entire truth and whatever your pretty bitchy plastic girlfriend is feeding you isn't truth. What she was, I guess you know her better than most of us. She has a diary, maybe, you would never read it, but it knows it all. And believe me the day you get it, not that it's possible now, you'll regret coming out of your mother's womb alive. And you know what, you don't even deserve to know anything now."
"Whatever." He said in a non interested way and started walking out as he wasn't in mood for more shit.
"You'll regret it, Asher."
He heard Kylie yelling at him. There was something in him telling that Kylie was right and he's gonna regret it very badly. A lone tear escaped his eyes as he remembered her betrayal.
"You broke me Akanksha. I'll never forgive you even after your death. Pyaar me har galti ki maafi hai siway bewafai ki. Aur tumhe bewafai ki hai. Aur is galti ke liye main tumhe kabhi maaf nahi karunga. Kabhi nahi. (In love, every mistake can be forgiven except disloyalty and you are disloyal and I won't ever forgive you for this. Never ever...)
His eyes held rage and determination, also lot of pain and fear. Fear of losing the girl he have ever loved and pain of her betrayal, how cruelly and ruthlessly she broke his heart. His heart wasn't ready to accept that someone selfish and bitchy like her can do suicide. His heart wasn't at peace and he moved towards class with a new goal and determination....

How's the first chapter lovelies? Hopefully, I didn't't disappoint you.. I know the first chapter is a bit confusing. But if you've read this far, give it a try guys.. It'll be worth it..
Lots of love 💕...