Aflame

Once upon a time there was a land named Aflame, this land was filled with the unbelievable entities and magics that had only been described in the fairy tales told to children. Entities such as fairies, ogres, nymphs, devils, djinn, sirens, vampires, gods and demigods of every religion filled the lands of Aflame. But of course Aflame was not a fairytale, many wars fought and lives lost over their division of good and evil. Lines blurred when it came to which species would be deemed good or evil, the hatred and mistrust of other species and their stereotypes fueled the fires of war. Many crimes were committed in the names of both sides, there were no definite laws in order, punishments were not consistent and riots raged in opposition to rulings. Was it evil to slaughter a family of djinn if your excuse was to prevent the future evil they might cause, or would you be rewarded for your service of protecting the future from a possibility that was not certain? Defending creatures of the dark was a certain way of getting yourself killed and being used as an example no matter who you were. The tooth fairy and Santa were two of the unfortunate souls who learned too late to stay in their place. Santa was hanged for providing siren children with toys, the tooth fairy was burned at the stake for giving a vampire child a coin when she lost her first fang. Many unique stories are to be told in Aflame, but this is a story about an unlikely friendship and a little devil named Red.

In the land of Aflame each species has their own royal family. In the most beautiful and lavish parts of Aflame lived the royals of the gods, nymphs, and fairies. In the darkest most dangerous parts of Aflame ruled the royal devils, sirens, and vampires. The fight for more land and power is nearly constant with no morals, loyalty or mercy. The royal Devil family consisted of king Demetrius, queen Dahlia, prince Declan, prince Davis, and the youngest of the family, princess Red. Red was only three years old but everyone said she was the spitting image of her mother with eyes as red as blood and hair the perfect shade of obsidian, she was adored by her family and was often called their perfect little devil. The family was filled with nothing but love, happiness, and stories, everything was perfect. The perfect life of the devils was soon to end, as one fateful night the king and queens blood was cursed by a witch under the control of Zeus, the king of the Greek gods who wanted their land for himself no matter the price. This curse poisoned not only the king and queen but their bloodline as well, leaving them to die as a family. But you see this perfect family had a few secrets, Queen Dahlia was the first love of Death. Although Death loved her she married her love, Demetrius, the king of devils. The two were wed and bore two sons, then three years ago the queen was told she would not be able to have a daughter. Death learned of his love's heartbreak and he brought her a gift, a gift in the form of a baby girl named Red. The witch's curse had no effect on little Red as she did not share her parents blood. Red was found in her mothers arms by Death who would then raise her as his own and prepare her for the next fifteen years to avenge her family and kill Zeus.

Fifteen years of mental, magical, and physical preparation with Death had gone by and Red was now eighteen years old and knew what she needed to do to avenge her family. The only thing making Red nervous is that Death would not be joining her in her revenge. Death wanted nothing more than to avenge his love, but due to the laws of life, death, and fate Death was not able to fight alongside Red as his hand ending Zeus would disrupt nature's balance. With all their research Red knew exactly where to find the witch that cursed her family and rumor has it she's been hiding the weapon that would end Zeus's cruelty once and for all. The witch had been living in a small cottage on the outskirts of Aflame, the marsh lands and home to fairies and water creatures of the dark. As for Zeus he would be attending The Diisoteri, a festival dedicated to him once a year. The Diisoteri is being held in the northern part of Aflame where all of the gods live, the largest festival of the year it's filled with color and includes a sacrifice to the gods. So with Red's plan she exchanged goodbyes with Death and headed to the swamps for the witch.