Chapter 20: It's the end of the world as we know it

As morning rolls around, police chief Svin Afføring is sitting in his office as he chugs down a cup of coffee. Judging by how loud the gulps are, he is not a happy man. As he gently slams the empty mug on the table, he looks at his computer with a stern glare. Across the screen are several files of evidence he's managed to collect. All pertaining to a certain Beacon dropout that he has had the unfortunate privilege to try and find.

(Y/n) P. Goodwitch.

This little fucking F word has made Afføring's professional life a living hell ever since the Headmaster of Beacon personally tasked him with finding the boy. What he expected once he had gotten that call was to find a lost and confused boy, consumed by the stresses of school life and the responsibilities of becoming a future Huntsman... What he got was the equivalent of a domestic terrorist, making a fool out of him, his police officers, and the overall concept of the law. Suffice to say, he fully intends to find (y/n) as Professor Ozpin had asked. Just not for the same reason anymore.

That has proven much more difficult than arresting someone of ethnic origins without pissing off the public. In fact, any attempt at locating (y/n) has resulted in hospitalization or death. With the arrival of the Atlas military, his activities have somewhat slowed. However, this only seemed to encourage him to go bigger. Such as his latest activity not long ago. Dragging his computer mouse to one of the files, Afføring opens a video evidence of (y/n) taking part in the robbery of government property, murder of a Huntsman, and the aiding of terrorists.

Along with other crimes and eyewitness reports Afføring was able to gather, he has acquired enough evidence to basically put (y/n) in prison for life. All while barely 18 years old, no less. Now, all that's left is to actually catch the little bastard. Sadly, he knows that his officers are not qualified to try and arrest someone with such a.... "colorful" portfolio. Thankfully, he has a plan. With the arrival of the Atlas army to boost security for the current Vytal Festival, he hopes to get a meeting with General Ironwood and suggest a city wide man hunt. With the general's resources, the police chief could finally put this psychopath behind bars. Or a really deep hole--

*Knock-knock-knock*

A knocking from his office door pulls Afføring from his train of thought, snapping his gaze towards the entrance.

Svin: Come in.

Opening the door, the mysterious knocker reveals to be one of Afføring's detectives with a folder in hand and a somewhat confused look on his face.

Detective: Um, chief?

Svin: What is it, Detective Viorel?

Detective: There's, ahhh... been a development with the (y/n) case.

The detective drums his fingers on the file, trying to find the best way to explain what had happened. This slight hesitation makes Afføring think yet another crime has happened thanks to that sentient tumor known as (y/n), resulting in a guttural groan to escape his mouth.

Svin: What did he do NOW? Set fire to a park? Rob a warehouse? Terrorize another gas station?

Detective: N-no, sir. He, umm.... He got arrested.

Svin:......... Excuse me?

Any anger that inhabited within the police chief was suddenly evicted and replaced with confusion.

Detective: Yes, sir. He was arrested last night.

Svin: How?! What happened?

The detective brings the file over to the chief and hands it over. Afføring quickly grabs it and opens the report on the arrest.