"Everett? The hell are you doing?"

I quickly look up and see Kal staring at me
Confused. Glancing to my side, I see im right infront of the bar. I stand up straight and calm my self down.

"Nothing, just...tying my shoe."

"Your face is as red as your damn hair. Did you run here?" Kal chuckles as he pats my back and leads me into the bar.

"Yeah...sure," I go behind the bar relieving one of the other bar tenders and greeting the other before looking to Kal, "Could I leave early today?"

Kal sits on a stool where a laptop is and looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Does this have to do with why you were kneeling down in the middle of a sidewalk?"

"No...Yes."

Kal lets out a puff of air which I can only assume is a laugh. He shuts the laptop and gestures for me to follow him. im confused but leave from behind the bar and follow him into the break room. He sits down and sets the now closed laptop down infront of him.

"I already know so just tell me." He smiles and folds his hands together.

I stare at him confused and little afraid.

[ If he knows about the whole Mercenary thing, I think we should just kill him. No one would miss him. ]

You're quiet all this time and the first the thing you say is to kill the uncle of the girl we like?

[ Seemed reasonable at the time.]

"I don't know what you mean." I say hoping he will say what he thinks he knows.

"You and Ciara obviously have more things to talk about. Like, maybe the way you feel about eachother? It looked like you guys were gonna kiss back at the cafe before I interrupted, but I guess not."

I keep quiet not knowing if I should tell him everything.

"No way...you guys have kissed?!" Kal looks at me shocked with a smile on his face.

"I didn't even say yes or no." I sigh

"I can tell. I've known you long enough to see past those stoic death stares. I can't believe you kissed her...Are you guys dating now or something?"

I shake my head.

"And why not? Anyone can tell you guys both have massive crushes on eachother."

[He's not wrong]

"It's complicated."

[It's not complicated. You're just secretly a murderer.]

"That's fair. Life is complicated."

I just nod at him not knowing what else to say. I cant go into detail about my complicated life but it would great to get some advice.

"Everett, go home. I'll cover for you today." Kal says in a soft voice.

"I can stay. It's fine."

"Go. Home. Talk to her. You're lucky I had a good date today, put me in a good mood." He winks at me and stands up from his chair. With a pat on the back he leaves the break room not giving me a chance to fight him on it any longer.

So I leave through the back door and make my way back to the apartment. This was what I wanted. I want to talk to her and explain to her how much I like her, but I don't know if I can.

[ This is Bull.]

She can't know about you. She'll think I'm insane.

[ You are insane. It's fine, she'll get over it]