7. "What With...One Thing Or Another." Pt. 1

A/N:
>>>>> = Time Skip
<<<<< = Flashback
*=*=*=*=* = Next Scene

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

George Weasley POV:

[Ichor]

The lights inside the Hogwarts Express flickered dimly as the train lurched forward, moving against the downpour. Fred grumbled about the trick-treats we had created, that our mother had thrown away. But seemed to be getting more concerned with something our older brothers mentioned as we boarded the train. They purposely didn't say much, all we knew was that it would be so exciting they suspect we'd be wanting to stay at Hogwarts over Christmas break. I guess, I wouldn't mind staying at Hogwarts rather than returning home, what with...one thing or another.

"Draco."

My ears twitched reflexively at the sound of her voice. My head automatically moved a fraction toward the opened compartment door. Fred's voice seemed to be muffled in that instant.

"S'not like they'd want me there anyway." I listened to their conversation. Their voice drifted out of the neighboring compartment and into mine.

"Are you listening?" Said my brother suddenly.

"What?" I looked quickly at my brother Fred.

"-I was surprised to see the Weasley's and Potter there together, at the Top Box of all places. God knows how they were able to afford such tickets." Malfoy's words came into our compartment, during the swift silence that followed after mine.

"Why do you always have to be such a dick, Draco?" We heard her say irritatedly.

My twin brother raised an eyebrow with a grin. I shook my head with a smile. Offensive words have always been in her vocabulary, and it was always entertaining to see her struggle not to use them when around us: Gryffindors. I'd heard they had become rather close over the summer, I found myself wondering how that came to be. But I knew it would be a lengthy time before I could get any answers to my many questions.

"The sight of you, infuriates me."

Her next words had my interest. I could tolerate their friendship if he truly did not appeal to her. I listened, internally thanking my brother for allowing my oddity in this moment. Only he could ever accept my peculiarities lately.

"I have all the letters you sent me over the summer that say otherwise." How amazing it was Draco's words could have a surge of fury and despair, instantly running through me.

"Don't make me regret this." She said.

"Any woman involved with me will have no regrets."

My muscles tightened, and my hands suddenly clenched to fists. Has she really moved on? Did she really grow tired of waiting for me to make up my mind?- My feelings? My despair raged in my heated blood. My skin prickled with anger for myself, that I thought she'd wait for me until I knew if I could reciprocate her feelings toward me. But mostly I yearned-ached- to go to her and dramatically confess; it's her. It's her; now I can't even recall how it felt to not have feelings for her. A day hasn't passed that I haven't thought of her, like my mind refuses to exist without her in my thoughts.

Her soft brown-hair that flows like liquid over her back, her soft skin that so easily could suffuse with a pink blush, her gray eyes. Unlike most, I've seen that look almost sickly, hers were bright and warm like the ash that fell from burning wood. Her eyes were so enchanting, so enthralling, a canvas that was laced with the color of a full moon.