2 • prince

Hands held onto your arms as you nearly fell from the contact of walking right into someone. You looked up shocked.

"I'm so sorry...Prince Uiseong?" You said instantly recognising the boy who held onto you. He smiled seeing it was just you rather than someone else being mischievous.

"Lady Y/n, it's great to see you. Why are you running around the palace?" He asked confused as to why the whole situation had occurred.

"I had just visited the Queen and the Grand Prince's, so I'm just heading back home."

"You seem upset, was it Grand Prince Seongnam?" It wasn't a difficult guess, all the Princes and Princess' were aware of the relationship the two of you shared.

"No it's really nothing to do with him." You dismissed the idea that the two of you were arguing again.

"Well I do hope that's the truth. He has a foul mouth and it's proven more with the way he speaks at you." Now this was another obvious thing, just how much Prince Uiseong disliked Grand Prince Seongnam. The two were close in age and always had a competitive relationship.

"I won't bother you with talking about him. Are you free to walk?" He asked using his arm to signal the path that headed to the palace gardens.

"I don't want to be a bother to you Prince."

"Don't be silly, you're never a bother" He smiled at you, you couldn't help but show a small smile at his words. Prince Uiseong was always very polite to you and knew how to brighten your day with his words. The two of you started walking together just having light chatter.

"I must admit that green looks very good on you, it really makes your features stand out." He said looking at the features of your face. A smile started to creep onto your face from his kind words again. But this time a little blush did too.

"Prince Uiseong, I don't mean to intrude but do you intend on marrying soon? And I don't mean to me before you misunderstand. I'm just curious as you're older than me and many keep mentioning I should be married soon." Now it was more than clear what was bothering you to Uiseong. He knew you just like the Grand Princes did, as you had practically grown up around them. And despite him and Seongnam being older than you those two were the ones you were closest to, although one was a friendship and the other was arguments.

"I do think I will marry soon. However, knowing when that time will be is harder to know. I still need to find a bride." He laughed thinking about the fact he doesn't even know a woman he would want to marry.

"And I a groom" you said joining in the laughter.

"LADY Y/N!" Ms Kim came running towards you, "I'm so glad I found you, you had me worried." She said checking up you as she came close. She then noticed the person next to you, quickly bowing down.

"I apologise Prince Uiseong for not greeting you earlier." He just smiled. "Don't worry about it Ms Kim, I understand your relationship with Lady Y/n. I'll take my leave, the two of you get home safely and I'll hopefully see you soon Lady Y/n." You smiled watching him leave.

"If I didn't know my lady any better I would say her heart beats for a Prince." Ms Kim said a very clearly happy look on her face as she saw the way you and Prince Uiseong looked at each other.

"Oh no there are no feelings of romance, he's just a friend."

"A friend that could one day be King."

"Ms Kim! You can't say that in the palace , the crown Prince is healthy and well so saying that just wishes poor health on him."

"I don't mean it like that, I mean it by the fact our recent royal history tends to lean towards concubines." You playfully hit her arm.

"Not even I am that blunt, especially not in the palace."