Chapter 45 - The Society of Shadows and Saviors

Start from the beginning

"Alistair is here. Ostensibly for the independence celebration, but I believe he will demand you give him Klaus' blood, which he will then use to track Klaus' siblings. Or his children."

Marcel's jaw clenches at the mention of Klaus' children. Marcel's rebellion had already put those girls in harms way once, he won't let it happen again.

"No one has seen or heard from the Mikaelsons in half a decade." Marcel says as he tries to put it off as it is nothing.

"Alistair and his men hunted down members of the Strix. Instead, they found a slaughter of all of them except one. When they woke him up, he had one thing to say."

"What?" Marcel asks with brows raised.

"Phoebe Mikaelson. Phoebe is up to something and if I had to guess, it would be to bring the Mikaelsons back."

Marcel's eyes widen as he processes Sofya's words. He knew Phoebe was up to something, but he hadn't imagined it would be to bring back the Mikaelsons. 

He had spent years trying to erase their presence from New Orleans, and now he was facing the possibility of their return.

"Find her and bring her to me. She is not to be harmed." he says as he stands up. "Call the others. We're going to need all the help we can get."

Sofya nods and quickly exits the room. Marcel reaches for his phone and dials up Josh, needing a meeting with Vincent.

Cami and Kelsey pound back shots of tequila as they spy on their latest lead on the seven wolves' venom

The first three were easy to get.

Ezra.

Hayley.

Klaus, which Phoebe kept stashes of everywhere.

But locating the others had been quite a challenge as not many wolves like vampires coming anywhere close to them.

Keelin walks over to the bar next to them and Kelsey bumps her shoulder against Cami, bring their mark to Cami's attention.

Cami leans over and talks to her, "You look like you're having fun. What's the occasion?"

"I just finished my residency, which makes me an official ER doctor." Keelin tells her with a polite smile.

"Congratulations." Cami says, raising her shot glass in a toast. "That's quite an accomplishment."

Keelin nods, taking a shot of her own. "Thanks. It's been a long journey, but it's worth it."

As Cami and Keelin speak, Kelsey gets a message from Shaun which makes her clench her jaw but when she finishes reading it,  she feels as though she can't remember how to breathe.

"What's wrong?" Cami asks, noticing the change in Kelsey's demeanour.

Kelsey hands over her phone to Cami, her hands shaking. Cami reads the message and her eyes widen with shock.