"Yah! I was thinking about million ways to escape." I spoke unintentionally.

"You want to leave us again." He spoke with a hint of pain in his voice.

"It's just..." I started speaking but Luke stopped me by putting his thumb against my lip. He pulled me closer to him.

"Luke, I am your sister. For God's sake." I stepped away from him.

He brushed his hand through his hair in anger. His teeth bit against each other. Couple of seconds he watched trees sway through the window.

"I am not your brother, Anny. I am your future husband." He spoke in anger.

Soon he was heading to the opposite direction. I rushed behind him wanting to know more about what he was talking about.

"Luke." I shouted at him as I grabbed his hand.

He stood in his tracks. My hand against his arm. He looked back to where my hand held against him, then back to me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. My voice shaky as a tear drop escaped my eyes.

His thump wiped the track where my tear passed. All I saw in his eyes is that he cared yet he didn't want to show.

"I wanted so bad to tell you all this time but I had no courage to do. You never took any liking in me. How was I supposed to tell you about this. Dad has been urging me to tell you saying it will be too late if I wait any longer."

His eyes never left mine. I was confused beyond doubt. This whole time him and dad had been lying to me. I felt betrayed. The person I had come to trust was not who I thought he was.

" Who else knows? "

" Dad, mum and I. "He stated.

Wow! So much for a family. The rest knowing wasn't a problem. What pierced me was mum knew and she never said anything. So all this traveling stuff was a lie. Luke has never been part of the family. Based on leadership he was perfect, now I know why dad never chose him to be the leader.

"This is too much." I spoke while walking away from him.

"Anny."

He came from behind and hugged me. "Don't go. Dad is going to announce our engagement."

That got me off guard. Engagement wasn't what I expected. No wonder he was all this sweet to me, knowing he'd be my husband. That's why he treated me well. Now I understand it all.

"Luke, I am in love with someone else." I shouted at him shoving him aside.

"No. I am your fiancee you are not allowed to fall for someone else. Got that." He warned.

The grasp he had on my arm was enough to hurt for weeks. He clenched his jaw, his hard looks were fixed on me. I was unable to do anything at the moment. He was way stronger than me. What I saw in him could have made me change my mind but the moment I heard his voice calling my name at the back far end everything in me came crushing in.

"Anny." He shouted.

This alarmed Luke. He immediately pulled me to where he was and stood in front of me. Both looked at each other for a while as if they had bad blood against each other.

"Is he the one?" Luke asked with a hint of jealousy in his voice.

"Let go." I shoved his hand away.

"Listen here, you are going to do as I say. Now go back to your room and wait for me." He ordered pushing me away from him.

"Let her go." Max spoke in his commanding voice yet calmly.