Chapter 25

We both sat in silence for a while. Coming up with what the hell happened earlier on wasn't cool but it was a bold move. We should be able to talk about it sooner or later.

"Max about earlier on." I started.

"Leave it." He answered in a low tone.

"Seriously we have to talk about it." I watched him avoid eye contact with me.

"Anny, stop ruining the moment. What do you want me to say? That I can't handle you being treated without respect, that I can't bare to see you sad, that I can..."he reacted angrily to the matter his face showing how much annoyed he was about the matter.

"Well that is a lot to take in." I spoke.

He slouched in the seat hiding his face away from me. Bet this is the time he's digesting what he just spoke. Trying to uncover his hidden face from his palms, he totally was glued in them.

"Mr. Maximilian Jones, are you by any chance blushing." I laughed at the end of my statement.

Immediately he shot up from where he was seated. "Get up, we are going back to my suite." He announced.

"So soon." I tried to interject.

"Yes, so soon. Maybe if you could have kept your mouth shut, you'd stick around more." He walked away leaving echoes of his shoes following close behind him.

"This won't be the first time someone orders me around. My dad used to do most of that too."I shouted back at him.

He stood on his tracks immediately after I was done talking. Seems this hit him harder than it did to me. I was already used to that. He turned slowly to face my direction. I don't know why but I saw something dangerous in him. It's not I've never seen him angry but this was something way past anger.

"Say that again." He spoke loud enough for me to hear.

"Never mind."

I walked past him only to be stopped by him gashing me back to him, so that I could face him directly. His grip on me tightened by the second.

"Seriously Max that hurts." I spoke trying to free my hand.

"You never talked about them to me." His voice was low now.

It's like he was so ready to listen to me at the moment. Kinda felt a sense of worrieness in him. His eyes dug in mine.

"Let's go, it's getting kinda late."

I pulled slightly his hand away from mine and walked away leaving him looking at me. Soon I felt him walking to my direction. That was a relief. I assumed he would decide to stay back.

Later we were bid bye by Naomi and the rest of her crew. They were super nice but still I sensed tension in them since Max had this unbearable frown on his face.

Couple of times I tried talking to him. Yet he still remained silent. At the car we remained silent the whole drive. I put on some music but he turned it off. Understanding him was all I could do. Clearly I knew that I had sow a seed in him that I can't escape harvesting.

His eyes were glued on the road. The drive was smooth and steady. Couple of hours and were at our destination. I watched him alight the car without a word. Noticing I was still in the car, he went ahead and opened for me the door.

Slowly I got out, holding my shoes against my breast. It was hard for me to wear them the entire time. We both made way to the entrance of the hotel.

"Go ahead I'll catch up." Max spoke while he walked the other way.