Chapter 6: Recovery

I am going to be completely honest with you, but, until today, at least I think it was still 'today' I have never been truly unconscious, as well in the type of unconscious where your brain decides enough is enough, I am pulling the plug.

Maybe that was comas? Never been in a coma either, so I can't say for sure.

But, for me, the first thing I remember after chopping the head off of that fucking bitch, was the smell of hospital, industrial-grade disinfectant. The kind of stuff where you weren't sure if it would burn like acid if you got it on your skin and the warning labels had warning labels.

The next thing I remember was a steady beeping sound that sounded off with every beat of my heart, ah, a heart monitor. I had, mistakenly, tried to open my eyes to take in my surroundings, and instantly regretted it as the light above me seared my eyes and stabbed directly into my brain.

A groan escaped my lips as my sense of touch slowly made itself known, although I could have waited on feeling the somewhat itchy blanket on top of me, too much starch on it. I could hear a murmur of vague voices as I attempted to open my eyes again, actually making decent progress with it as I managed to get them open despite the pain from the light.

Things were blurry for several moments before I managed to blink myself into focus so that I could properly see the room around me or more properly the window in front of me.

You have slept in a hospital bed! HP & CP Restored by 100%

Yup, I was in a hospital room, that's for sure. The large window beside my bed showed me... Konoha?

"Ah, Uchiha-San, you are awake!" A feminine voice announced cheerfully, bringing my attention to the door for the room where a nurse with pastel blue hair and green eyes was standing signalling something to someone in the hallway. "Good afternoon, Michiru-sensed should be here shortly, she was quite insistent on being your primary physician when they brought you in."

"Ho..." I tried to question how long I was out only to rasp and cough as my dry mouth and throat protested in response.

"Here," the nurse said gently as she helped me into a sitting position to pour me a glass of water and help me drink it. "Try again now, dear."

"How long?" I questioned as my mind and thoughts slowly became more coherent.

"How long have you been out?" The nurse questioned for confirmation, getting a nod from me. "A week, you were brought back along with the more severely wounded shinobi from the front lines, you've been in the hospital for about four days now."

I stared at her for a moment, a week? I was unconscious for a kami damned week!?

"I'm sure you have questions, but you will have to wait for Michiru-sensei, she'll be able to answer all of them," the nurse assured me.

Feeling something strange... down below I chanced a glance down before paling slightly as I saw a tube leading out from between my legs. Ah... a catheter... I am not going to think about it.

"Well, it's about time you woke up," a familiar voice stated dryly as Saya-Taicho stepped into the room, out of her jonin uniform and in an outfit that looked like a blend of a smock and a kimono strangely enough, her brown hair pulled back into a ponytail and her silver coloured eyes glinting in amusement. "Go ahead and continue your round, Sachi-san, I've got it from here."

"Of course, Michiru-sensei," the nurse replied with a small bow of respect before stepping out of the room.

"How are you feeling, Yuriko-chan?" She questioned me with a raised eyebrow, taking my chart out from the foot of my bed and a pen from... somewhere.