126-130

Chapter 126

     He Yan had never thought that there would be such a difficult time in life. It was so difficult that she couldn't even take a step forward.

She hadn't seen the moon in a long time.

Since she lost her sight, she had been living in a daze. Xu Zhiheng had comforted her, saying that he would always be by her side. He Yan had also smiled and agreed. However, no matter how calm she appeared, her heart was still at a loss and fearful. She had faced many difficulties in her life. Most of the time, she had stood up with a strong will and told herself that everything would be fine after she took this step. Unconsciously, when she looked back, she had already taken many steps.

This was the only step she couldn't take, and she didn't know how to take it.

He Yan was no longer General Feihong. She had become Young Mistress Xu, and she was just an ordinary woman. An ordinary woman suddenly lost her sight. Although her husband still treated her well, it was like a flower in the water, with a kind of illusory perfunctory. She couldn't feel it.

On Chinese Valentine's Day, she sat in the fu until late at night, but Xu Zhiheng didn't return. She originally thought that it was because of some matters at court. She only found out the next day that Xu Zhiheng had accompanied He Wanru to the temple fair. She groped her way to the window in the room and sat down, quietly listening to the servant girls outside chatting.

"Yesterday, Master and Madam quarreled. They quarreled so much that even Master knew. Master is in a bad mood, but we servants are unlucky. Isn't it all because of that person in the east courtyard? "

"If you ask me, I think Master is too soft-hearted. That person in the east courtyard is now blind. How can our Young Mistress be blind? It'll be a joke. Madam even canceled the banquet outside these days because she didn't want others to ask. "

A servant girl couldn't stand it and spoke up for her, "Young Mistress wasn't born blind. She's already very pitiful for suddenly becoming like this."

"Pitiful? What's so pitiful about her? Even if she's blind, she can stay in the fu and be served every day. At least she doesn't lack food and clothing. What's the difference between her and that pet? The pitiful one is Master. At such a young age, he has to be tied up with this blind person for the rest of his life. Our Master is talented and unparalleled. What kind of woman can't he find? Why does he have to find someone like this? "

"Yes! I'm the pitiful one! "

Words like these were like sharp hooks that drilled into her heart, making her bleed profusely.

That night, she sat in her room and waited for Xu Zhiheng to come back. She said to him, "Let's divorce."

Xu Zhiheng was startled and asked warmly, "Why do you say that?"

"Or you can divorce me." She didn't like to beat around the bush, so she spoke the truth. "Now that I can't see, there's no need for me to burden you."

"You and I are husband and wife." Xu Zhiheng held her hand and said, "Don't talk about this anymore. Rest early."

He changed the subject, but did not deny He Yan's claim of being a burden.