Chapter Fifteen | The Assassin

« « « « «

« « « « «

The past few days the Gaang had been on many adventures, travelling even closer to the fire nation's palace. Hope's favourite was when Katara pretended to be the spirit 'The Painted Lady' and helped a sick and starving town.

Sokka had went to a master swordsman who recognized the Gaang but didn't say anything and it ended up with Sokka getting a cool new sword.

Ty Lee had also been teaching Hope how to block chi and it has been very fun especially with Ty Lee as a teacher.

Azula and Hope had been amazing too, Azula was working with Aang to control her emotions once again and her defence instead of her normal agressive and powerful bending style.

They were also working through letting go of the past and as Azula worked through it Hope believed her fire was turning white. Or maybe it was in her imagination but Hope knew a calm and collected firebender had complete control over their bending.

Normally Hope enjoyed the cold but at the moment she was loving the warmth of Azula's body against hers. They had all made camp near a lake and Hope and Azula had snuggled into a sleeping bag together.

Azula pressed firmly against Hope's back as they slept perfectly in comfort together, it was so perfect at this moment "Guys, you're all gonna think I'm crazy, but it feels like a metal man is coming"

Everyone started to get out of their sleeping bags to see a beam of light shooting towards Aang's face. The few who had noticed it looked up and saw a man with a metal arm and Fire Nation clothes staring at them.

Everyone starts to quickly grab their stuff as they work on leaving the site "Wait, I know that man"

Hope wants to question Azula but they all watch as a blast comes towards them and Aang runs forward to block it with earthbending. The blast knocks them all off their feet and Toph quickly recovers and throws massive boulders at the man.

He fires another round at the boulders as Hope and Katara run towards the lake, Katara uses the water to distract him. While the man is focused on the wave of water coming towards him Hope brings up the rest of the lake and turns it to ice.

The force of the icicles knocks the man over giving them a chance to get on Appa but the man recovers and aims towards Appa. Azula jumps in front of everyone as the blast comes toward them and uses a fire shield.

The blue fire shield absorbs the force and Azula struggles only momentarily before she redirects the power using her own power making the blast hit the side of the mountain.