Chapter Thirteen | Thinking about the past

« « « « «

« « « « «

Hope awakens to shouting banging and crashes and quickly grabs her Fire Nation clothes. She makes her way outside and rushes to the main deck where the shouting was originating from.

She sees Katara creating a large wave to push away another fire nation ship, Hope realised how tired she is and didn't hear any of this. A fireball flies toward her but quickly uses some water to move out of the way of the danger.

She watches as Pipsqueak drops a boulder in front of Toph who begins earthbending it at the attacking ship. It hits a catapult on the other ship and smashes it to pieces as Katara comes forward "I'm going to provide us some cover!"

Hope could see Aang Azula Sokka and Ty Lee inside and hiding for obvious reasons so she steps up. She could sense the ship in the water and through the mist, she started to create a small whirlpool.

She starts using the water to spin the fire nation ship before she brings up a massive wave and pushes them away. Katara uses her own wave to push the team avatar's boat away from the Fire Nation ship.

They won't stop until the ships are a safe distance apart but Hope lets two jets of water penetrate the ship so they don't follow. She looks over to Katara with a small smile "Good work, master Katara"

Katara smiles at Hope for the first time in a long while "Good work, Master Hope"

Hope steps toward Katara with a hesitant smile "I'm sorry Katara, I couldn't begin to understand what you went through and I shouldn't be trying to force you to be nice or be friends with Azula"

Katara quickly shakes her head and takes hold of Hope's arm "No I'm putting my anger for the fire nation on Azula when she's trying to change...I'm sorry for being so close-minded"

Hope gives a small smile before pulling her into a hug which Katara accepts eagerly "Let's not fight anymore, we need to save our energy for Ozai"

Katara nods and before she can say anything else Toph comes over "Hate to break up you getting all kissy kissy but we need to figure out the next steps"

"Um Hope..." Hope turns and sees Azula and Ty Lee approach and gives them both her signature smile "I'm having my first lesson with Aang, Did you want to come and watch?"

Normally Hope would but she thought it would be good for Azula to hang around someone else other than her "I'm actually going to try and get more rest"

Hope could see the disappointment on Azula's face but knew it would be good for her. Katara speaks up with a hesitant voice "I would like to come"

Azula turns to Katara with a shocked expression before she nods and looks back to Hope "I'll like to watch too"

Everyone looks over to Toph with a confused glance and she smiles making Hope roll her eyes playfully "I'll see you guys later"