I. Business

Beep! Beep! Beep! My alarmed chimed throughout my room. I groaned groggily as I found the strength to lift my body from my bed and I reached for my alarm clock. I shut it off and picked up my phone to check my agenda for the day.

I used an agenda to keep myself organized. It kept me from over booking myself and stressing myself out. I unlocked my phone and quickly tapped my calendar app. Today I had an important meeting to attend with my agent and a much needed studio session for this song I'm trying to sell to Rihanna.

"Alright." I said to my self as I sighed heavily. I jumped out of my bed and ran to the bathroom. I took a quick shower using my Beautiful Day body wash, I am madly in love with that scent by the way, and then I began the rest of my hygiene routine. After I completed my routine, I did my make up, brushed out my now wet hair, and I got dressed. I decided to wear a white halter top, red blazer, distressed and ripped boyfriend jeans, and red pumps. I glanced at myself in the mirror really quick and then grabbed my yellow Micheal Kors pocket book and my sunglasses.

I left my apartment and hopped in my blue Lamborghini Aventador. I checked the time and it was now 10:25 and the meeting started at 10:30. As usual I will be late. Oh well. I turn my volume in my car all the way up as Meek Mill's Monster plays on the radio.

"The money turn my tuna into lobster." I bob my head to the music as I speed down the high way. I finally arrive at Smithson Agencies a good 25 minutes later. I park in my reserved spot and walk into the building. I take the elevator to the 5th floor and walk into the conference room. All eyes were on me.

I knew they were all going to grill me when I got here. I never seem to show up to a meeting on time. Do I care? No. But they seem to. They better be glad I even remembered this meeting. However, thats not the attitude I should be giving off this morning. I'd like to keep them as my agents. They've done a lot for me so I should appreciate all they've been doing. I took a seat next to my agent, Trina, as the head of the agency grilled me. I swallowed a lump in my throat and then grinned enthusiastically.

"Goodmorning everyone." I continued to smile. "I'm terribly sorry for being so late I didn't get out of the house on time and I still havent even eaten." As if on cue my tummy began to growl. Poor tummy.

"You've got to stop being late Ms. Skye. Especially 30 minutes late at that. We love you but we're not afraid to let you go." I frowned as William, the head of the agency, spoke.

"I'm sorry. I will make sure to do better. I promise." I gave them all a reassuring grin. When I made a promise I always kept it. I don't take broken promises lightly and I don't promise anything impossible either. I trust myself enough to get my act together in order to keep my agent. Therefore, I promise to fix this.

"Alright well back to what we were discussing." William rose from his chair and directed his attention toward me.

"We have a fantastic opportunity for you Ms. Skye. I know we mainly focus on job opportunities for modeling gigs but it seems Chris Brown is looking for a songwriter or at least co-songwrighter because we all know he writes most of his own songs. Therefore with that being said we have set up a meeting with Mr. Brown on Wednesday so you can show him what you've got." William grinned ear to ear as did I.

"Oh my gosh!" I beamed. I was beyond excited. "I can't wait. Thank you guys so much."

"No problem. You're very talented and you deserve some recognition. Modeling ain't got nothing on your song writing skills." Everyone in the room clapped and all I could think about is how much recognition I would gain from writing with one of the BEST songwriters.

"Well that's all we have to discuss with you today Ms. Skye. You may leave and figure out what you're going to present to Mr. Brown on Wednesday." William took a seat back in his chair and began going through his briefcase.