Rivalry

✿ Lucy ✿

I glared at the test results that were pinned up for everyone in school to see. That bastard had scored better than me again, and I knew he would surely glow with smug arrogance until next semester. His footfalls alerted me of his presence before his annoying voice hit me from behind.

"Looks like I'm still number one, Heartfilia," he snickered.

"You got lucky, Dragneel," I snarled as I whirled around to face him. My former friend, now rival, smirked. I absolutely despised him. Why? Well he suddenly disappeared during middle school and when he came back he acted like everything would be the same. He had missed my mother's death and the most traumatic experience of my life and he wouldn't so much as give me an explanation as to why he left and neglected to call me at least once while away.

"I could help you do better next time," he offered. I narrowed my eyes at him and huff.

"I don't need your help!" I exclaim before taking off. The halls were empty since the school day was over, thankfully. I reach the outside before slowing to a stop and looking back to find he hadn't followed me. I readjust my bag and head home when I feel my phone vibrate in my bag. I quickly grab it out to see Levy is calling me.

"Hey Lev!" I answer the phone.

"Lulu! Hey, there's a party going on tonight, want to go?" I bit my lip and was quiet for a few moments.

"I don't know Lev... You know I'm not the greatest at parties," I respond.

"Lucy, you aren't that bad at them. Now wear something cute and I'll be by to get you at seven," she ordered before hanging up. I stared at my phone, baffled. Then shaking my head I shove my phone back in my bag and head home to finish my homework and get ready for this party.

• ~ •

"Levy I don't think we should be here," I mutter nervously as I glance around.

"Lucy it's fine. It's just a party at Cana's, we don't need to worry!" She reassured me, grabbing my hand and pulling me inside. I was starting to wish I had worn more than my strapless black dress with a red attached skirt and black long socks with red flats. It was kinda chilly out but I just hurried inside after her. Once inside we started talking to friends and she eventually coaxed me onto the dance floor.

We danced together and giggled, having a good time looking like idiots. That's when cheers rose from the crowds in nearby rooms and our eyes met in confusion and fear. This was a party at Cana's, and alcohol was everywhere. She sighed and pulled me off the dance floor when a flash of black scooped her up.

"Levy!" I yelled dramatically but I knew who had her. It was her boyfriend Gajeel who must have returned from his two month trip. I smiled watching them disappear in the crowd but that faded when a hand landed on my waist and a voice whispered in my ear, "Hey baby."

I turn around to see guys I had never met looking at me hungrily. I laughed nervously and then moved to find Levy and Gajeeel so I could be safe.

"What are you doin'? Why don't ya hang out with us," they tried to act cool but I shook my head dismissively.

"No thanks, I have someone I'm here with," I turn to walk away but one of them snaps a hand over my mouth and grabs me by my waist. People barely seemed to comprehend the situation as they were drunk, or simply didn't care. They pull me outside and into the nearby woods. I'm struggling against them but there where three of them and only one of me. They pulled down my clothes and I clawed at them but one held my hands back.