Field Trip - Lee Riwoo

the sun was shining brightly through the cabin windows as you read the book in your hands

"hey y/n! your boyfriend's sitting down by the docks!"

you looked up from your lap and saw your friend teasingly smiling over at you.

"he's not my boyfriend.."

"not yet, he's not"

you let out a deep sigh before closing your eyes for a second and smiling slightly.

"i'm too scared to ask him"

your friend moved closer and sat on the small bunk bed next to you.

"what if he doesn't like me back?"

she smiled at you and wrapped an arm around your shoulder playfully.

"he obviously does, have you not seen the way he looks at you?"

all of a sudden you was being lifted up off the bed and pulled towards the door.

"now go out there and get yourself a man!"

your friend laughed as she opened the door to your cabin and lightly pushed you outside.

another sigh left your lips as you looked down at the docks and saw him sitting there.

Lee Sanghyeok, aka Riwoo, the guy you had been crushing on for almost a year now.

the sun was close to setting and was hitting his face in all the right angles.

"come on y/n, you can do this"

you whispered to yourself as you walked down towards the lake.

Riwoo looked up as he heard footsteps coming his way and a soft smile formed on his face at the sight of you.

"you looked cute today, y/n"

his voice caught you off guard as you sat down.

"oh, uh, so did you"

you mentally wanted to hit yourself in the head. so did you? what was that?

you watched as his cheeks grew pink and you knew yours were definitely matching.

"i noticed you reading earlier, you read quite often"

your head automatically nodded as you looked down into your lap.

"yeah.."

"you look pretty when you're zoned in on a book"

a gasp almost left your lips as he spoke. how did he get so confident all of a sudden?

you then closed your eyes for a split second.

you knew you had to confess your feelings right then and there. it was the perfect moment.

"hey Riwoo i-"

"can i say something-"

the two of you spoke at the same time and let out a quiet laugh together.

"go ahead"

you looked back down and fiddled with your fingers for a few seconds.

"i.. i like you, Riwoo. i have for almost a year now-"

"oh thank God"

he pulled you into a hug before you could say anything else and the embrace felt so.. right.

"i like you too, y/n"

his eyes sparkled under the sunset and you couldn't help but smile once more.

"will you be my boyfriend?"

he pulled out of the hug and looked down at you with a bright smile on his face.

"hey, i was supposed to ask that.."

he then took a pause before speaking again.

"but yes, i will be your boyfriend"

the two of you fell into a fit of giggles and spent the next hour getting used to the new chapter in your lives.