Piano Lessons - Han Taesan

it had been a couple weeks now since your neighbour started teaching you how to play the piano

the lessons were going well, yet you always got nervous when it came time for you to go over.

see, your neighbour not only happened to be the same age as you, but he was also good looking.

finding out that he could play the piano made him even more attractive in your eyes.

so asking him to teach you.. was really just an excuse to be closer to him.

a deep breath escaped your lips as you lifted your hand to knock on his door.

but before you could do so, it flung open.

"hey, y/n"

and there we was, Han Taesan, smiling at you with music sheets in his hand.

"hey.."

he moved back to let you in and you slowly made you way past him and towards the back of the house.

for the first time, you was actually excited for the piano lesson.

you had been practicing a small sequence he showed you in hopes of impressing him.

the two of you silently walked over to the piano and you took a seat on the stool in front of it.

"i've been practicing, Taesan!"

you looked into his eyes for the first time since you stepped foot into the house and saw he was already staring straight at you.

you could feel your cheeks heating up and only hoped they weren't turning bright red at the same time.

he gestured his hands towards the piano, signalling you to show him what you practiced.

"okay"

you whispered to yourself before turning to face the instrument and staring at it for a moment.

"are you gonna show me, then?"

you nervously wiped your hands on your jeans to hide any sweat and put your hands over the keys.

but before you could start playing anything, you felt two hands on top of yours.

you froze.

"relax, there's nothing to be nervous about"

his voice also came out in a whisper.

you turned your head to look at him and only then realised how close he was.

luckily, his head was facing the piano otherwise you would've been only inches apart.

a subtle sigh left your mouth as you looked back down at the piano and let his hands guide yours.

he pressed down and used your hands to play a short, yet beautiful tune.

"see? it's not that hard"

his voice was still quiet, not wanting to break the calm atmosphere.

you looked back up at him again only to see that this time, he was looking down at you.

a slight gasp left your lips at the close proximity and a soft smile made it's way onto Taesan's face.

you swore you saw his eyes flicker down to your lips and back up again.

but you didn't have chance to fully understand what had happened until he stepped back and let out a cough.

"do you want a glass of water? i can go and get you one if you'd like-"

the poor boy stuttered over his words as he rushed out of the room and didn't come back until five minutes later.

but he didn't come back with any glasses of water, just with another music sheet.

"i think this will be easier to learn, what do you think-"

a rush of confidence came over you as you stood up and took the music sheet out of his hands.

"you're too cute"

you placed one of your hands on his cheek and stood up on your toes before connecting your lips with his.

his hands shakily lifted up and wrapped around your waist before he pulled you closer.

"y/n"

he pulled away and rested his head down on your shoulder. you just hummed in response.

"i think i like you"

a smile made it's way onto your lips as you leaned your face close to his.

"i think i like you too"

and this time, he was the one to bring you closer and press your lips together into a much longer, and more meaningful kiss.