A New Start (maybe)

I was shocked. Its been over a month since they talked. She made it seen like she wanted nothing to do with him. I was just.....stunned, really, really stunned. But I know that Isaiah needs me, so I stayed calm

"Well, why don't you call her." I suggested. He called her. "She wants both of us to come over there." Isaiah said when he got off the phone with her. We turned the other way towards her house.

A few minutes later, we pull up to the house. She came out to the door and waited for us to come in. We got out, I grabbed Isaiah's hand and whispered to him, "You ok?". He shook his head. "Nah, but I might as well hear her out. At least listen to what she has to say." I nodded in agreement.

We walked in to the living room and sat down. "Thank you for coming," Ms. Sharon started off, "I just wanted to apologize for the way I acted towards the both of you. I hope that you can see that I'm truly sorry, and I hope you can forgive me. I realized that we don't have forever. That scared me, because, pretty soon I might add, you are going to be parents. I mean, my baby is having a baby. I want to be there. I want to see my grandbaby grow up. I... I'm sorry."

I started tearing up. "I, we, forgive you ma. I'm glad that you are willing to accept this." Isaiah said. We all hugged. "Can we go out to lunch or something now I'm starving?" I said. We bust out laughing.

We all agreed to go to Golden Corral. Isaiah and I rode together, and his mom took her own car. We got our booth, then started grubbing. When we were getting our plates, Isaiah started putting more food on my plate. "Dang! You trynna make me fat, ain't it." I said to him, playfully pushing him.

"Hell yeah. My little peanut can't be small. He gotta get big and fat. And so do you." He said touching my stomach. Then he pulled me into a hug. A girl walked by and said, "y'all are so cute together."

"Thanks." We both said in harmony. We finished getting our plates, sat down, and started eating. "So.. Have you had a check up yet?" Ms. Sharon said breaking the silence. Isaiah nodded, and I pulled out the ultrasound picture.

"It's kinda early so you can't really see anything." I told her, as she was looking at it. After we were all done, we paid the bill, and went our separate ways.

Isaiah was quiet the whole time. I tried to break the silence by turning on the radio. The song Drunk Texting by Chris Brown and Jhene Aiko was on. "Ooo... Here go your song." I nudged him to get him to do something. He gave me a half smile.

I turned back down the music. "Baby, what's wrong? You've been quiet, you aren't singing with me. You ain't even give me a smile or anything." I asked him

He said, "I've just been thinking about what my mama said. I mean don't get me wrong. I'm glad that she came around, but what she said sounded....it didn't sound real to me. And I've been trynna figure out what she could possibly get out of you being pregnant."

He pulled over."Maybe she's not trynna get anything out of it. She probably does really want to be there." I told him. He Sooo his head, "No, I know my mama." He started to get mad.

"Okay, okay, okay calm down. Let's just wait to see. You know, how this turns out. Okay?" I grabbed his hand and rubbed his arm. I gave him a hug and then we kissed.

"Thank you." He said still holding my hand. "No need to thank me. I know that if I needed you, you would be there for me. I love you. Besides," I looked down and rubbed my belly, "your little peanut needs you."

He gave me a small laugh. "See, I knew I could make you feel better. There's that smile I was looking for." We started laughing. He hugged and kissed me again, and we were on our way home.