fight so dirty, love so sweet

Start from the beginning

Plan in place, Izuku moves away from their table along the wall. Truthfully the place isn't as crowded as his brain is trying to make it out to be. He doesn't have to shove his way through the people standing around. But any casual brush of shoulders or arms against his own is still more than his frazzled nerves can take, so the entire room looks like a minefield to him.

He's nearly made it to the bar itself, singularly focused on the door just around the side of it, when someone slams into him. Izuku jerks with the force of it, stumbling several steps back, and his teeth gnash with his sudden irritation. He's so close.

"Watch it," a voice growls. It's the other stag from before. This close Izuku can see that he's huge, at least a foot taller, and probably an elk stag judging by the way his antlers curl back and away from his head, branching in a distinctive pattern. At a quick glance Izuku can count seven points on each, which is impressive even for an elk. Izuku, being an axis deer, is considerably smaller in just about every conceivable way. His own antlers, which grow straight up, have only four points each.

That doesn't stop Izuku's ire though. If anything, his muddled hormones find appeal in having a much bigger opponent.

" You bumped into me ," Izuku snaps, spine straightened, shoulders squared. Smaller he may be, but he's no pushover.

The stranger lifts his lip in a silent snarl. Despite the flat teeth and fuzzy ears his entire countenance screams predator in a way that's hard for Izuku to ignore. "So what if I fucking did?" he growls. "You gonna do something about it, nerd?"

"I—" Is he? Every rut inspired instinct within Izuku is screaming at him to pick a fight, right here, right now. His blood is practically singing with the desire for violence. But he's not an animal. He can control himself, unlike the big, blond elk apparently. Izuku is just about to back down with a roll of his eyes when a huge hand is grabbing a fistful of his shirt and tugging.

"You know what? Let's take this outside," the elk says, already shouldering his way through the crowd. Izuku is yanked along after him, all his big talk about not being controlled by his base instincts evaporating in the wind as his fury mounts. Who the fuck does this guy think he is?! All Izuku wants is to go home goddamnit, and now here comes this fucking prick, throwing his weight around and—

The bar's back door slams open and Izuku is tossed unceremoniously through it. He stumbles out into a dark, grimey alley, eyes blinking as he adjusts to the sudden change in lighting. Behind him he can hear the sound of feet on concrete and the bar door closing solidly. He turns, mouth open to... he doesn't even know. Shit talk? Ask who the fuck this guy thinks he is?

It doesn't matter though, because for the second time tonight the elk cuts off all of Izuku's thought processes at once. This time it's because his fist is meeting Izuku's face, cracking his neck painfully to the side and causing him to stumble several steps backward, unprepared for the assault.

For a moment he feels suspended, surprise keeping him from even breathing. But then all his frustration from the night, all his hormonal rage, rises up within him and his vision sharpens, his breath quickens, and his fist is against the elk's face before he's consciously made the decision to hit him.

Fuck being the bigger person.

The elk's head jerks to the side but he takes the hit a lot better than Izuku had. His mouth splits into a smirk, unbearably attractive, red eyes finding Izuku in the darkness. And then he's on Izuku again. Despite his size he's fast and Izuku, having only been in a few fights in his life, has trouble keeping up. But what he lacks in experience he more than makes up for with sheer vehemence and vitriol.

Their feet scraping against the pavement, their grunts of pain, and the sickeningly loud thud of flesh hitting flesh are the only sounds Izuku can hear beyond his rushing blood. The city, the bar, the traffic just beyond the alley—all of it fades away as he gives into his need for violence. He punches the elk over and over again, fist meeting the soft flesh of cheeks, stomach, chest. The elk gives back just as good, occasionally blocking Izuku's hits, his fist landing often enough that Izuku's mouth is filled with blood and he thinks maybe a few of his teeth are loose. He spits one out when it detaches completely, and the elk uses that moment of distraction to step in close, lowering his head to ram his antlers against Izuku's.