"You did good, boy," Heracles muttered as he looked back, only to see the dumbfounded faces of the adventurers and gods who rushed towards the amphitheater when they could no longer feel the mana of the creature.

"H-he did it..." Gareth stuttered, his eyes wide open as he stared at the creature's lifeless corpse. It was charred and mangled, with whiffs of smoke and black tar oozing out of its body. "The lad really did it."

The other adventurers started to feel the emotions of triumph wash over their bodies; the abomination lay lifeless on the ground, no longer exuding the sinister mana that threatened to devour everything in Orario.

It all started with one, then two, cascading into every adventurer as they cried and cheered; they had survived, first from the attack of Evilus, and now, from the abomination.

But not everyone was cheering in joy. Heracles looked at August, a melancholic look on his face; he could feel August's heartbeat starting to slow, the coldness creeping up his child's body.

Heracles knew that this was the price August had paid for; now it was all up to his child on how he would survive this, or if he could survive this.

.
.
.
.
.

August's body felt light, like he was floating in the air; there was a serene quiet buzzing in his ear. This sensation was all too familiar for him now.

"Beowulf?" He looked around while he called for its name. "What's this? Why am I here again?"

"Hello, master..." He could hear its voice, digging deep inside his core; he could feel his bones vibrating at the sound of its deep growling voice. "It seems that you're alive... For now at least."

August felt a bit taken aback by its words. "Alive? Of course I am." He snapped his head, trying to look for where it was. "Show yourself!"

"What's the rush, my master? We have plenty of time here." Beowulf's voice echoed behind him. He quickly turned only to see the endless blackness of the abyss. "Or did you forget what I said?"

"What game is this?!" His voice gained volume; he was starting to get pissed.

"No games... This is merely a byproduct of your actions. I've warned you, didn't I... That your body wouldn't be able to handle my power as it is." A low laugh shook the dark abyss as its voice continued to assault him from every direction. "As I said. There is a price... There is always a price."

August couldn't answer; yes, it had warned him, but at that moment, if he had to choose again, he would still do it. It was the only way to kill that abomination.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, remembering the teachings of the old man. He needed to calm his mind. "So... What happens now?" He asked. "Are you going to take my body now?"

"Silly boy... You're still too weak for me to reap." He felt a tingle at the back of his neck as its words left a bitter taste in his mouth. Weak... That word had been thrown around so many times today. First it was Ottar who called him weak, then it was Finn as he urged him to leave along with the evacuees.

Anger started to rise inside him; he hated that word. He chuckled as his voice gained volume without him knowing. "I am not weak!" He said with anger laced in his voice.

"Your performace would say otherwise," Beowulf said amused; it felt like it was mocking him. "Let me remind you that you were useless in today's event... You were useless against that Cain person, useless against that semi-immortal bastard. So useless that the adventurers even sent you away because you would become a liability if you stayed."

A pair of golden eyes opened in front of him; he felt small compared to the majesty that those eyes held. "It was your fault that the creature was unleashed. The death of everyone there was because you failed to kill a person that was so weak he couldn't even put up a fight."