“Ms. Shultz, it’s been a while. If you don’t mind, can we have a chat as friends?” 
Lisa looked up at him again. There were no other emotions on his face, it seemed like he just wanted to catch up. 

Chapter 369

She thought about it for a moment and eventually agreed. 

Jungkook took her to the terrace, and the waiter brought them two glasses of red wine. 

Lisa wasn’t supposed to drink, but being alone with him was super awkward. 

All she could do was hold the wine glass, lower her head, and take sips of wine to pass this painfully brief time together. 

Jungkook saw her take a few sips and reached out with his long fingers to take the glass from her. 

“You just had a major surgery, so don’t drink too much.” 

He placed the wine glass on the nearby bar and looked at Lisa. 

The dim light shone on her palm–sized face, highlighting her fair and delicate skin. 

His gaze slowly moved down, past her unruly short hair clinging to her pale neck, and then to her chest, which had made him weak countless times before. 

One glance got his blood boiling, afraid of doing something irrational, he quickly looked away. 

He picked up his wine glass, took a sip, and asked Lisa, who was sitting beside him, “Have you started working?” 

Lisa lightly hummed in response, raised her restless little hands and placed them on the edge of the bar counter. 

Jungkook turned his head again, looking at her back. 

Seeing the exposed skin and a few scars, his heart ached. 

He extended his long fingers to touch the scars left by the sulfuric acid, but then remembered she was already married. 

His hand froze in mid–air, repeatedly warning himself that he no longer had the right to touch her. 

He clenched his fist and asked with concern, “You just recovered from your injury, why not rest for a while longer?” 

Lisa lowered her head, fiddling with the bar and replied, “My sister left some projects before she died, and the progress is tight.” 

Jungkook nodded slightly, looking at her right ring finger and noticed she wasn’t wearing a wedding ring. He couldn’t help but ask, “Are you…okay with him?” 

Lisa hesitated for a few seconds before smiling, “It’s fine…” 

He now had Teresa by his side, so it would be better not to tell him about her own issues. She didn’t want to affect his new life. 

Jungkook saw the happy smile on her face, and the heart–wrenching pain made it hard for him to breathe. 

It was normal for her to be happy after marrying her childhood sweetheart, but why was he so miserable? 

He gripped his wine glass tightly, his blood ran cold, wanting to leave this suffocating place but unable to let go of her.

Lisa glanced at Jungkook as he drank, swallowing unconsciously as she saw his Adam’s apple move. 

The dryness in her mouth made her body gradually heat up, and she uncontrollably reached out to touch his sexy neck. When she touched his cold skin, the heat subsided a bit, the comforting feeling made her want to touch him even more. 

She began to caress Jungkook’s neck and cheeks with both hands. 

Her small, fair hands even slipped into his shirt. 

Jungkook’s tall and straight body froze. 

His eyes stared intently at the blushing woman in front of him. 

“You…” 

Before he could say anything, she tiptoed and kissed his lips, passionately and chaotically. 

As soon as Jungkook felt her burning lips, his heart trembled, and he realized something was off. 

His calm eyes glanced at the red wine she had drunk, and his expression instantly darkened. 

He wanted to push Lisa away, but she wrapped her arms around him and clung tightly to his body. 

At this moment, Lisa’s mind was filled with images of Jungkook holding her on the couch, thrusting into her wildly. 

She didn’t want to think about it, but for some reason, she couldn’t control her thoughts or body. 

She grabbed his collar, stood on her tiptoes, leaned into his ear, and whispered while biting his earlobe, “I…I want you.”