251 - 252

Lisa Shultz stiffened a bit when she saw that the piece of paper was still in pristine condition.

When did she lose hope in him?
Was it when he was holding her, being Intimate with her, yet telling her, “Don’t even dream that I would love you.”
Those words made it clear. In his heart, she was nothing, just a sex tool.

But now…
She lifted her gaze, looking at the spiraling Jungkook Laurence.

In her memory, he was always aloof, never losing his composure like this.

It left her puzzled. Back then, when they were together, he didn’t feel anything for her.

Now, he’s confronting her with the fragments of sentences she once wrote.

What did they signify?
What indeed?
It’s the end.

She wrote them to remind herself that he did not love her. Once written, it was meant to be over.

This unrequited love, it ended completely after he said those words, after she understood.

Lisa kept silent for a moment, raising her hand to take the letter from him.

She looked at it quietly for a while, then, without hesitation, ripped it in half.

Jungkook tried to * the letter back, but it was too late…
All he could do was watch in disbelief as she destroyed the letter…
His eyes were bloodshot, he couldn’t believe what he was seeing, “Why…
Lisa cracked a faint smile, “Mr. Laurence, I wrote this letter just for kicks, I never intended to leave you anything, please don’t get it twisted”
Jungkook’s face turned pale, his swollen eyes fixed on the torn letter on the floor.

How did he get through the countless days and nights of the past three years…
Sleeping pills, and the brief text on this letter sustained him.

He told himself that she left a message for him, which meant she did have him in her heart.

But now, she tells him that she just wrote it casually, she never intended to leave him anything…
Jungkook managed a faint smile, starting to chuckle.

His despairing smile made him look lifeless.

He lifted his tear-filled eyes, looking at Lisa who appeared unfazed.

“You never loved me, then why did you want to see me before you died?”
Lisa thought she had made herself clear, but he still wouldn’t believe it.
She took a deep breath, “I suppose it’s because when one’s life is ending, they want to see the people they know in this world.”
Not him specifically, but the people she knew in this world, and he was merely one of them.

Jungkook chuckled again, his laughter tinged with sorrow, his face pale, his gaze at her drained of all color.
“So… you really don’t love me…”
Yet he thought she had feelings for him because of the letter she left.

Even though she had told him time and again that she didn’t love him.

He was like a fool, refusing to believe it.
Only now did he see into her heart clearly.

Suppressing his infinite pain, he bent down to pick up the torn letter
Paper is easily torn, just like love. When it’s torn, everything can never go back to the way it was.

The moment he pushed her away, she destroyed their past.

It was only fair…
He didn’t blame her.

He only blamed himself. Why didn’t he cherish her when she was by his side?
He held the letter tightly, stumbling away. The once haughty and cold figure now seemed so lonely and fragile.

“Jungkook…
When his hand was on the car door, a familiar voice echoed in his ear.

Chapter 252

He slowly turned his head, looking at the slender and delicate figure standing under the streetlight.

This person he’d been missing for so long. just a gentle call of his name would make him drop everything, rush up and hug her tightly in his arms.

But as soon as he took a step forward, she took three steps back.

Don’t come.”
She was very calm, not showing much emotion on her face.

“I’ve said everything I wanted to say.

Please don’t bother me again.”
He thought she had stopped him because she wanted to keep him.

Unexpectedly, she asked him not to pester her anymore.

Jungkook’s handsome face turned pale, and the dull pain throughout his body made it difficult for him to breathe
But she didn’t care about his feelings, and after she finished speaking, she turned and walked into the villa.

Watching her determinedly walk away, Jungkook’s tall and straight body began to falter.

Aidyn Reyes had been waiting at a distance, and seeing his unsteady state, he quickly rushed over to support him.

“Mr. Laurence, are you okay?”
Jungkook didn’t respond. The heart-wrenching pain made his head ache terribly.

He leaned against the car door and looked sideways at Aidyn: “Give me some medicine…”
Aidyn hesitated for a moment and shook his head at him: “Mr. Laurence, you can’t take that medicine anymore.

Your body won’t be able to take it.”
Jungkook raised his eyes, filled with bloodshot veins, and stared at Aidyn fiercely: “If I don’t take the medicine, what should I do…”
Who could tell him what to do? Lisa had almost carved herself into his memory. How could he forget her?
“Mr. Laurence…
Aidyn didn’t know what to say to console him.

He’d seen how Mr. Laurence had endured these three years.

He didn’t want to see Mr. Laurence rely on taking medicine to get through life, but he couldn’t bear to see him continue to suffer.

After a moment of contemplation, Aidyn looked up at Jungkook and said, “Mr. Laurence, there must be some misunderstanding between you two. I’ll go clarify with Ms. Shultz.”
Aidyn turned and made to walk towards the villa, but Jungkook’s cold voice rang out from behind him: “No need.”
Aidyn turned his head and asked with puzzlement: “Why?”
Jungkook did not answer, gradually lowering his head.

She didn’t love him, so even if she knew the truth, she wouldn’t care.

He opened the car door, sat in, and those eyes that once shone like stars were now dull and dim.

The light that once entered his life left without hesitation. Once he thought there was no hope left, the light returned.

He reached out, trying to grasp it tightly, but couldn’t hold on since that light never belonged to him in the first place.

He took out a pill from the car, put it in his mouth, and as he swallowed it, the bitterness in his mouth intensified, making him frown.

“Aidyn, the medicine is really bitter.”
“Mr. Laurence, medicine has always been bitter.”
Aidyn sighed after replying.

“Mr. Laurence, don’t worry, whether Ms. Shultz has ever loved you or not, she’s already married now”
It seems like it just wasn’t meant to be between you two. Why force it?
“Ha-married “Jungkook suddenly sneered. “She just married Ethan Ziegler as a replacement for Emilia.”
Aidyn was taken aback, not quite understanding.

Jungkook took a cigarette out of the box and lit it.

After taking a gentle puff, he placed his slender finger out of the car window.

He slowly raised his reddened eyes, looking at the brightly lit villa
When she was unwilling to admit that she was Lisa, she kept emphasizing that she was Emilia
That meant that now, she was using Emilia’s identity and had married Ethan as Emilia.

She loved Garett Falsey so much that she would never easily marry someone else. There must be some hidden reason behind it.