Chapter 69 - 70

Lisa looked at Jungkook with confusion, unsure of how to respond for a moment. But she felt that he had tolerated her for so long, and she owed him at least an explanation.

After hesitating for a few seconds, she said calmly, “Garett… was someone who once promised to love me for a lifetime.”

Jungkook saw that her expression gradually turned somber, as if she was being engulfed in past memories.

His demeanor suddenly became cold, “It seems like you loved him a lot.”

Lisa collected her thoughts and replied indifferently, “I used to love him.”

Jungkook pressed on, “And now?”

“Now?” Lisa looked at Jungkook, observing his tightly pursed lips and thin face. In her heart, she wanted to answer, “Now, I love you.” But she didn’t have the courage to say it out loud, nor did she believe she had the right to do so.

She felt she was no longer deserving of him.

Clenching her hands tightly, she forced a smile and said against her true feelings, “Now, I don’t love anyone.”

In other words, she had never loved him.

The hand holding the cigarette trembled slightly. Jungkook abruptly extinguished the cigarette and threw it out the window.

As the cigarette hit the ground, his crimson eyes instantly returned to their cold and distant state.

He opened the car door and said coldly, “Get out.”

Lisa glanced at him, sensing his disappointment. At that moment, she really wanted to tell him how much she loved him, but she was stubborn and wouldn’t reveal her love unless the man said it first.

She was afraid of getting hurt and being belittled or laughed at after pouring her heart into someone.

She once loved Garett so much, thinking he would always be good to her, but ended up getting hurt and almost losing her life.

Jungkook was an even more unattainable man than Garett. She shouldn’t even be thinking about him.

She knew her place and would never make the same mistake again Lisa looked away, stepped out of the car without lingering and walked away.

The car behind her soon vanished into the garage at lightning speed

The moment the car left, Lisa stopped, turned and looked back.

What would Jungkook’s reaction be if he knew she was dying? She guessed he’d probably be indifferent; someone as cold as him wouldn’t pity her.

Lisa lowered her eyes, a wave of sadness washed over her, making her inexplicably upset.

She drove the business car back to her place, planning to return it when she went to the company to handle the handover

tomorrow.

After taking a shower, she glanced at her phone.

Mr. Law hadn’t replied to her WhatsApp message and hadn’t called again either. She actually breathed a sigh of relief, glad he didn’t bother her further, or she’d be super tired.

About to put her phone down, she suddenly remembered Jungkook mentioning that Jason was the future son-in-law of the Laurence family.

She decided to look up Jason’s information on her phone.

Turned out, the Clowers family had been intending to make a marriage alliance with the Laurence family six months ago.

Jason would marry Jungkook’s cousin, which was also Cedric Laurence’s sister and named Sigrid Laurence.