"He isn't talking to me."  

Alby paused before looking at him. "He isn't talking to you? Why?" 

Newt shrugged.

They walked in silence for another minute, any words that could be spoken were deemed not worth interrupting the most peace they could be getting in the next coming days.

"He'll talk to you. Just give it time, he doesn't have it in him to ignore you for too long." 

 He did have it in him.  Arthur had ignored him for over a day and Newt was over it. Every time he even so much as looked at Arthur he needed to grab onto him and shake some sense into him, shake out whatever stupid idea he had in his head that Newt wouldn't like him, would be upset with him because he wasn't!

The Greenie had arrived and Newt still couldn't look away. Enraptured by Arthur who looked so carefree and chatted unbothered by the loud celebrations that held higher than before, his smile spread across his face and showed off his dimples in a way that would have Newt bending over backwards for him. 

He just wanted to be okay with Arthur. He wanted whatever they had between them to just happen. He didn't want this tension that had been pushing them away from each other.

o1o

Ben running into the clearing a minute or two after Thomas who was too out of breath to speak or say anything even remotely useful was concerning but as he looked at Ben's aggressive manners and the furious scowl on his face Newt wielded his shovel.

Smacking him around the head and watching him fall to the floor stung at his heart but he was given no time to grieve a friend before Ben was sprawled on the floor.

"He's been stung." His voice cut through the quiet mutterings of the group and they turned to stare at him, Arthur as he moved through the crowd and crouched down next to Newt who quickly looked at him in the corner of his eye. Quick enough to take in everything to do with Arthur. The ashen colour on his face made him look like a ghost. His hair was plastered to his forehead and sweat beaded at his face and clung to his body like a second skin.

Alby glanced at Arthur before pointing to Ben's shirt with a grave face. "Lift up his shirt." He repeats it again and watches as the dark puncture wound is revealed. Newt stared at the puncture wound as a morose feeling crawled over him, leaving a sombre residue.

The boy pleads on the floor as Gally, Arthur, Newt and Alby glance at each other.

"In the middle of the day?" Gally mutters as he looks back towards the sting, his mouth slightly agape with shock. A look that isn't one Newt found on Gally's face.

"Help me, please. Please. Please, just help." Newt looks toward Alby, his face set as his friend comes to a final conclusion.

"Put him in the pit. Everybody, help. Take him to the pit." Newt took the first move and grabbed Ben's shoulders looking at everyone causing them to kick into action and help Newt haul him up and send him to the pit where he would await further judgement.

"Med-Jack!" 

Newt watched Arthur as he stood at the fireplace. The perfect opportunity to talk to him, to clear the air and make sure Arthur understood.

He cleared his throat and watched as Arthur tensed up, every muscle reacting to the noise. "Arthur." Newt was more nervous than he had ever been. Maybe.