out in the open/vulnerable

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

the door slams downstairs, loud enough that it feels as though the house shakes with the sound.

neither boy says anything.

every noise that has rippled through the quiet house has only amped punz's anxiousness to the next level, even though foolish didn't ask questions even when his dad was shouting audible curses from downstairs, followed by crashing and shattering noises.

punz has a feeling that foolish already knew something was up, even before he came around. punz has probably dropped unintentional hints about his dad's alcoholism and the brunette has probably heard sounds over facetime before.

still, that doesn't change how ridiculously relieved he feels when the older man leaves, and he finally knows that they can sit in peace without him constantly worrying that his dad would come upstairs.

he hadn't known the older man would come home so early when he had invited foolish over.

currently, the pair of them are lying on punz's bed, punz with his head on the other's shoulder, and they are reading a book together.

well... foolish is reading a book. punz is pretending to and taking advantage of the brunette's focus as an opportunity to steal sneaking glances at his friend.

friend?

their relationship status isn't clear, but punz thinks they are in a silent mutual agreement that they are somewhat exclusive, and have a loyalty to one another now. they're not official, but they're not really single anymore.

"finished?"

punz hums in confirmation and foolish turns the page.

the blond had not read a single word on that last page, but oh well. he knows that foolish loves ranting about a book as soon as he finishes it, so he trusts that the brunette will be too carried away in his excitement to check that punz has actually been reading along.

the blond has never been a book person, but foolish was sure that this particular book would sway his mind. it hasn't worked thus far, but punz would definitely agree to 'read' again just for the excuse to cuddle the other.

plus, foolish kissed him when he arrived at the house, and then again casually when they were cuddling up in bed. punz doesn't know exactly what simple kisses mean for them, but he knows that it's good.

he has been feeling bubbly all afternoon, the feeling of his friend's lips burning a permanent mark against his own. he craves the sensation.

"that's hot," foolish comments.

punz hums, confused, and asks, "what is?"

foolish shifts his finger to a line on the page and punz quickly skims over it, trying to act like he had any idea what the book was even about.

'he experimentally grinds his hips down, pushing his crotch against the other, and the brunette moans up into the brit's mouth.'