F I N A L L Y

*Connor POV*

He doesn't like me back. He doesn't like me back.

That thought had been playing through my head all night long. And now? I'm standing in front of the mirror, trying to make myself look normal.

Did I cry? No. But I felt like it.

I hadn't exactly liked anyone in particular before. I mean- I have, but nothing like what I felt with Malcolm.

Will said I was free to go, but that he had to do some check-ups tomorrow to make sure I was really alright.

I avoided Malcolm out of embarrassment and some other things. The weird thing is, is that it seemed like he needed to talk to me more than ever, trying to avoid him was like trying to escape a monster as you call out its name.

"Hey." I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. I recognized the voice, though it surprised me since he doesn't exactly go out that much.

"Yes, Clovis?" I said turning around.

"Don't get too sucked in into a misunderstanding." He yawned, then walked back to his cabin.

Have I ever told you I hated unclear messages?

Hey, I'm a demigod: unclear messages could mean the end of the world.

"Oh, little brother!" I heard someone sing in the distance.

"What?" I groaned, knowing automatically it was Travis.

"How are ya after getting your nose broken by a dude who skipped training for like- three months?"

"It was four months." I corrected him.

"Hey," he lifted his hands up. "You just proved my point even further."

I rolled my eyes, "What do you want?"

Travis's eyes suddenly went soft, his smile dropped from annoying to kind. "Why are you avoiding Malcolm?"

"..." I didn't say anything at first. "I...lets go somewhere else to chat."

...

"Thanks for letting us into your little bunker." I thanked Leo, he smiled and nodded.

"Anything for my bro!" He beamed, then his light seemed to dim. "Whats up with you both? You guys seem so uptight."

"Ah..." I said. Of course Leo noticed. He's smart and observant. He's probably observant because of his hardcore ADHD.

"You know what? Come on, I want to talk about this with the both of you."

...

We sat inside bunker nine. Leo spent so much time in here, he made a sleeping area in a corner. That's where we sat.

"So, what's up?" Leo asked, breaking the silence.

"I'm not so sure; something to do with Mal." Travis replied, and Leo's eyes grew worried.

"I...Malcolm...he...he doesn't like me back." I sighed.

"Oh jeez..." Travis huffed.

"What? But I thought he said-" Leo stopped himself from saying anything else. "Uh...I meant: how do you know?"

I explained what Will had said to me, about how I had probably confessed while under the anesthesia and how Malcom had avoided me after.

Travis whistled. "Gods...you okay bro?"

"...yeah." I said slowly, not sure if I was trying to convince him or myself.