eight.

┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈

┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈

fear and confusion are horrible emotions to have as they mingle and mess with your mind. but what you dread is something you can also take as a chance to adapt and overcome. its a chance to be realistic in order to grieve and make good choices for what was to come next.

what came next was up to the universe – thats all he could tell himself. the ravenette just sat and twirled a flower between his fingers, words stuck in his throat despite knowing the boy beside was sitting there expectantly. he never thought he would find himself there, sitting in a lovely garden with flowers and lessening sunlight that washed them in a golden glow. he didnt want to say it, but the guilt was building and the time was ticking. taehyung deserved to know what he was getting into and had every right to back out before it got too deep.

jungkook looked beside him, already seeing the boy looking back at him with deep brown eyes that had his stomach swirling from just the simple sight – and then they left, the words that couldnt be recaptured and sat between them until someone wanted to acknowledge it.

"i have cancer."

all taehyung wanted to know was the boys favorite color, and maybe eventually his favorite meal and making they could turn it into future plans later on. he definitely didnt think he would hear those words instead, and suddenly the sun didnt seem bright enough and the flowers werent as pretty as they were before.

such a statement was strong and intense, something he didnt know how to react to. taehyung could see the way jungkook stared at the small daisy in his hand, twirling it slowly and soon dropping it to the floor.

jungkook watched the petals fall to the cement, hitting the cold ground to be left alone until it withered and died. something so pretty would be easily forgotten, until it died all alone and left there on the cement without another thought. he needed to tell taehyung, he had to. it wouldnt be fair to start something that had the potential to end so soon. just like it wasnt fair to pick a flower, knowing it would die so soon.

jungkook didnt want to end up like the daisy, picked by the boy without knowing what he was getting into.

he still dreaded it though, not knowing what the brunette would say and not knowing how things would proceed from here. he hoped things wouldnt change, he hoped they could still talk in the halls and walk around and go look at the babies together. except, he couldnt help the dread that seeped in. fears always took over what we wanted, it turned us into empty souls always expecting the worst and never wanting to see what came next. it was a cold hand reaching up to grab our throats, suffocating us from speaking or being able to breath while the seconds turned into minutes and eventually hours. jungkook didnt know how much longer he could wait for a response – until it came, and the cold dread disappeared briefly as the warmth of the sun came back to shine on the two boys.