Chapter Eleven: The Love Spell

Above: Bea's pajamas and Gwen's pajamas

🩷Gwen's POV🩷

We were in the kitchens, making the love spell we needed, which was just a batch of spelled cookies. Quinn stood beside Mal, reading the recipe while she and E would make it, and the boys and I sat on the steel counter with Dude and Percy.

"Ok, it says that we need one tear, and I don't cry." Quinn said, holding the book in her hand, underlining the sentence with her finger.

"Let's just chop up some onions." I suggested, grabbing one out of a wooden bin.

"That won't work, Lyn. We need one tear of human sadness. And we have to follow it exactly if we want this to work." She turned her head towards me.

"A tear's a tear." Jay rolled his eyes.

"That's not true, Jay. They both have antibodies and enzymes, but a tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear." Evie shook her head, passing M the flour.

"Listen to you." Mal smirked.

"Yeah, I knew that." Jay scoffed with a chuckle.

"Did not." Carlos hit his arm.

"Yeah, I did." Jay replied.

"There you are, Mal!" Lonnie and Bea then opened the door, walking in. Quinn quickly closed the book on her finger, holding the page, hiding it behind her.

"I was looking for you. You know, all the girls want you to do their hair! Midnight snack, huh? What you guys making?" Lonnie looked at the bowl of batter in front of us.

"Nothing special. Just cookies." M shrugged.
Suddenly, Lonnie dipped her finger in, tasting it.

"Oh, no, no!" I exclaimed.

"Wait, wait, wait!" We all held out a hand, motioning for her to stop.

"What? I'm not gonna double dip." She stared at us weirdly.

"Feel anything?" E asked, hand on Quinn's shoulder.

"Yeah, like it might be missing something?" Q added to seem more normal.

"Hey, there." Jay stepped forward with a grin, flirting with her.

I swear Lonnie blushed.

"It could use some chips." She shrugged her shoulders, walking over to the pantry in the
corner.

"Chips?" Jay repeated, confused.

I jumped off the table to look in the pantry with Lonnie. I spotted something familiar. "Pup! I found more of those sour kid candies!" (Idk why I'm thinking of that one scene in Stranger Things where Dustin screamed: "MIKE! I found the chocolate pudding!")

"You mean the Sour Patch Kids?" Bea said. "So THAT'S what they're called." I said, taking a blue one. (My favorite type of Sour Patch Kids.)

"What's that?" Q furrowed her brows while the girls sighed.

"Chocolate chips. Just the most important food group. Wait, didn't your moms ever make you guys, like, chip cookies?" Lonnie questioned, throwing some into the mix.

"Like, when you're sad, and they're fresh from the oven, with a big old glass of milk, and she just you laugh and puts everything into perspective and... Why are you all looking at me like that?"

I looked at the floor sorrowfully. I never really knew my mom because she abandoned me by the time I was born. It was just me, Rick, Dad. Now it's just me. Until Cruella adopted me.

"It's a bit different where we're from, Lonnie," Quinn said with a tight smile.

"Yeah, I know. I just, you know, I thought...
Even villains love their kids. Oh... How awful." She explained nervously, a tear forming and eventually falling while she held Mal's hand.

M caught the tear off her cheek, putting it in the bowl. "Yeah, well, big bummer, but we have to get these into the oven, so thank you so much for coming by. Really, really, have a good night. I'll see you two tomorrow. Evil dreams." She pushed Lonnie and Bea out the door.

"Good night. See you tomorrow." Bea said, closing the door behind her and Lonnie.

"Okay, boys, cookie sheet. Evie and Quinn, oven. Lyn, book." M instructed and I threw her the spell book.

"Yes, ma'am." E mocked, bringing the batter.