chapter 11

"Hey punk!" screeched a threatening voice across the yard.

It didn't take Percy and Annabeth long to reach the cabins, but it was already starting to get dark. Soon everyone would be called in for dinner, so Annabeth said they should start with the Poseidon cabin as that will be where he was staying.

The Poseidon cabin was slightly larger than the others, but not as big as the mansion that was apparently for Zeus's zero children. It was quite low to the ground and the uneven layers of chipped bricks made the cabin feel weather worn and homely to Percy. Inside was even better, as the walls where painted his favourite colour- blue and the beds where already made, which just made the place that more awesome! Not to mention the small fountain in the corner of the room that was filed with clear water that glistened in the light from the small window on the back wall.

Percy quickly dropped his bags on the bed in the far corner, seeing as it was more private and rested just below another window on the back wall. He could already see this place being a second home to him, his first always being on Olympus with his mother- Hera.

After that, Annabeth had shown him the other cabins; Starting with Zeus's mansion, then Hera's temple. This followed by Demeter; Athena, Artemis, Aphrodite and Dionysus.

They had just finished chatting with Caster, a son of Dionysus, when the shout had come.

"You ignoring me?!" she shouting again.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you punk!"

Annabeth sighed in defeat, looking towards the angry female that was making her way over.

"Why you! Do you know who I am?"

Percy eyed her with confusion, not entirely understanding the threat.

"You little punk! I'm a daughter of ARES!" she burst, finally getting in arms reach.

"And who are you!?" she sneered, coming nose to nose with Percy.

"Erm" was Percy's only reply, what was going on? "Percy" he choked out, wondering if the girl knew anything about personal space!

"Well prissy, do you know what we do to newbies that don't know something called RESPECT!"

It was then that Percy noticed the other muscular teens that had slowly started to surround Annabeth and him.

"Look Clarisse, don't do anything stupid!" Annabeth warned, obviously seeing where this was going.

The only response she got was a growl, as 'Clarisse' stepped away from Percy's personal space and pulled something out from behind her back.

Percy could hear Annabeth gulp as she backed away.

Percy suddenly understood why as the girl brought out a large spear, but with one twist of the hand, it came alive this electricity.

Percy felt as if he was in a mental battle. Should he use his sword? Or his dads powers? Could he risk using his Mothers powers without being noticed? They wouldn't actually hurt him, right? Should he just play the week little camper?

He was so confused; he didn't even notice the spear come down until he only just had enough time to jump out of the way. He felt his hairs stand up on end as he felt a light spark.

Maybe they would hurt him! He thought as he dodged another attack.

Clarisse plunged her spear into the ground in anger, missing him completely. She looked up with eyes furious as he bellowed: "GET HIM YOU FOOLES!"

At this, one skinny Ares boy charged him from the side with a sword. Percy, seeing how the guy had too much momentum, just put out his foot to effectively trip the other boy.

This only seamed to infuriate the others as another two came charging out- one with another sword and the other flaring his fists.

Percy ducked the sword as it swung over his head before rolling away from the action, leaving both campers to collide head on.

As Percy got to his feet, he was propelled backwards by another boy; that instantly started laughing in victory. Percy did the unthinkable and kneed him in the groin as his attacker was distracted before getting back up and picking up a fallen sword.

The guy got to his feet and stumbled over, Percy twisted the sword and knocked him out with the blunt hilt.

As he adjusted the sword to balance better, an ear piercing battle cry could be herd. At the last moment, Percy swung the sword round and blocked to electric filled spear. However he soon dropped the sword as a sixth camper jumped on his back in a surprise attack.

He tried to get to his feet but as soon as he looked up, he was met with the sharp end of Clarisse's spear.

He gulped.

"So prissy has some moves does HE! You're going to pay for that you little PUNK!" she screeched, bringing the spear over her head to get power.

Percy closed his eyes for impact; this really wasn't supposed to happen on his first day!

He suddenly found himself wondering if using his powers was all that bad! But then he remembered how this past year he had been working so much on his Poseidon powers that he only slightly understood Heras powers. He still had no idea of his limits or even the power he held. He couldn't risk using his powers in broad day light in case he hurt a camper. He had no idea what he could do, and that scared him.

Clarisse roared in anger as she lowered the spear of death!

Percy pulled his arms over his head to proper for impact, even though it was useless, but it never came.

Time seamed to stop as an ear splitting scream of pure fear deafened his ears.

A sudden power ran through his body as he felt a flood of worry and concern, mixed with anger and determination. He couldn't control it; every muscle in his body was exploding with fear. His eyes widened with shock.

That scream, it belonged to Annabeth!

A sudden overprotective void took over him and he found himself exploding with emotions as he let his strength free.

All he could hear was Annabeth's helpless scream.

The world was white, he couldn't see anything.

His body was numb as it surged with power every time he caught his breath.

In, out. In, out.

Slowly he calmed down, blinking frantically to see the damage.

Annabeth's scream no longer echoed in his head, with was good. But the air had an eerie feel to it and the new silence was filed with an awkward, unanswered atmosphere.

Percy blinked again, looking around as the edges of his eyes focused.

"What happened..." he whispered, as the pulse of power inside of him died down with each second.

What had he done?