𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

It was Sarah's last day of babysitting Madi. They were both extremely sad. 
Sarah had arrived at 8 am and they made waffles. Madi made everyone play board games but the day was reaching its end. Marylou and Jimmy would be arriving soon.

"You guys wanna play uno?" Madi asked everyone as Chris got up. "I don't wanna play any more board games." 

"But wait! It's Sarah's last day! Maybe you guys can win in heads-up," Madi got up grabbing his hand. He looked back at Sarah, annoyed. 

Madi noticed it. "I don't wanna play Madi," He pulled his hand away and stomped his way upstairs. "Maybe we can just watch a movie?" Sarah said her voice trembling, Madi sat down next to her and agreed. She knew something was off and she wanted to get to the bottom of it.

---

At first, Madi thought everyone was so awkward because it was the last day of babysitting, but she realized something more. "Matt..." She sneaked into his room while Sarah went to use the bathroom. 

"Madison?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure,"

"Are Sarah and Chris fighting again?" She sat next to him on his bed as Matt sighed, struggling to make eye contact with his little sister. "No! I knew it," She said, her voice trembling. "Madi, people grow apart is normal,"

"no, it is not!" Madi screamed as Matt sighed again. "I don't want her to leave again," Every sentence Madi would say, her voice would get louder. Matt noticed that she wanted to cry. 

He pulled her in by his side, as she laid her head on his chest and cried. "She won't leave again... I'll make sure of it,"

"Thanks, Matt. I love you," She wiped her tears and left his room, Matt smiled feeling accomplished until she heard Chris screaming. Matt stood up and rushed to Chris' room. 

"What did you do?" Madi was hitting Chris as he tried pushing her away. "What are you talking about?" Chris had never seen his little sister be this mad at him.

"Hey! Madi we just talked-" He pulled her away as she pouted.

"but it's never gonna be the same," She cried making Matt feel bad. "What are you on about?" 

"Sarah! What did you do?" Madi screamed at him, he widened his eyes. "Who told you anything about that?" 

"Nobody told me! I am smart Christopher," She crossed her arms as Sarah appeared on the door. "Sarah," Matt let go of his sister as she rushed off to hug Sarah. "Please I don't care what Chris did! Please still be my friend," Sarah hugged the girl back. "Of course Madi," 

"No! The last time I saw you, you said the same thing, you told me you would see me all the time but then you disappeared," The little girl rambled on as Sarah remembered the day Chris stomped on her heart. 

"I promise Madi," She hugged the girl again, tearing up, and looked at Chris' who seemed to be avoiding eye contact. She pulled away and kissed the girl's head as she stood straight. Madi grabbed her hand. "I am not forgiving you tho," Madi muttered at Chris as his mouth fell agape.

"What did I do?"

"You made things weird with Sarah! Again!" 

"Madi... you can't be like this with your brother. Isn't he your favorite?" Sarah tried to make her laugh, but the little girl seemed to mad. "Not anymore." She bitterly said as Chris frowned. 

She walked out pulling Sarah along.

___

Three days had passed and his little sister would not speak to him. "Madi! I am being serious" Chris said from outside of her door. "No! Chris leave!"

"I'll buy you any ice cream!"

"I don't want ice cream! I want you guys to go back to normal," 

"Madi that can't happen just like that!" He rested his forehead on the door."Yes, it can!"

"Madi just open the door!"

"No!"

"Chris leave your little sister alone," Marylou spoke from the kitchen, chris walked over to his mom. "What should I do Mom?"

"She won't talk to me," Chris rested against the island as his mom cooked.

"Who Sarah or Madi?" Marylou said as Chris looked at her weirdly. "Madi...  I don't need to talk to Sarah,"

"That's what seems to be Madi's problem," Marylou pointed out as he sighed. "Maybe you should call her ... and then agree to keep everything civil for Madi," Marylou said as Chris hesitated.

"I dunno... I don't think she likes me a lot right now," He remembered the kiss they shared, and she quickly came up with excuses as to why that whole kiss was a mistake. "Chris, just try," She sighed as he agreed walking to his room. 

He practiced over and over what to say to the girl. After about 30 minutes he called her up. He paced around his room waiting for her to answer. "Chris?" She answered confused. 

"Hi, Sarah," 

"hey?"

"So... Madi isn't talking to me. And I think the only way I can get her to... talk to me again is if we act civil around her. Convince her everything will be alright." Chris used his mother's words to see if she agreed. He heard her shuffling around and then breathed in. "Okay... That seems okay," 

"So when can you come over and hang out with us?"

"Um... tomorrow?"

"Great! See you then Marie," He hung up quickly noticing what he had done.

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────
anyways