Deadly life (Chapter 1, part 1)

Start from the beginning

"I'm the one who convinced them to come. Right now, we need to do whatever he says. We're his prisoners, right? It's not a good idea to defy him without reason. We don't need to make any more sacrifices than we already have..." says Kyoko.

"...Why should we listen to anything he has to say? It's obvious he's the one who killed Sayaka!" exclaims Makoto.

"I would never do that! If you can believe anything, you can believe that!" exclaims Monokuma.

"I don't believe anything you say! I don't! And no one else should believe anything you say either!" Makoto exclaims.

"Unless someone violates a school regulation, I absolutely will not interfere. I can promise you, I won't do anything that goes against the purpose of your school life here," Monokuma says.

"Trust me, my friends would agree," Monokuma says.

"F-friends...?" asks Toko.

"Then who did it? Who killed her...?" Chihiro asks.

"You already know the answer! The one who killed her is...one of you!" exclaims Monokuma.

Nobody had a reply for that. One of us...killed Sayaka? No, that's stupid... he's lying... or is he...

"Hmm? What's the matter? You guys all look like you're about to see a dove get shot up with a gun!" exclaims Monokuma.

"Don't you remember what I told you when this all began?" asks Monokuma.

"One of you decided to kill Sayaka so that you could graduate! Someone's just following the rules. There's nothing wrong with that!" Monokuma exclaims with a laugh, and grin.

"Y-You're lying...right?" asks Hifumi.

"Of course he's lying! I'm telling you, he killed her!" exclaims Makoto.

"Nope, sorry. One of you is now a killer. If they wanted to, the one who did it could do that could refuse or confess to that little fact," Monokuma says.

"What...?" Makoto asks.

Without thinking, I looked around at everyone. They all had the same look on their faces... Everyone looked at each other with a combination of fear, suspicion and confusion.

"A-Are you serious...?" asks Chihiro.

The shock on Taka's face, leads up to what he says.

"Someone... Someone killed someone!" he exclaims.

"It is amazing what some people are capable of," Celeste says.

"Hey, hold on! Don't just assume he's telling the truth!" exclaims Mondo.

"That's enough. Before we do anything else, I'd like to confirm something with the stuffed animal here," Byakuya says.

"If one of us really did kill her, that person gets to graduate from the school, right?" asks Byakuya.

"...Huh?"

"Don't play dumb! That's what you said, isn't it!? If you kill someone, you get to leave!" exclaims Byakuya.

This ends Monokuma laughing.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!"

"Why are you laughing!?" asks Leon.

"Because... Naive... You're just so naive! You think it's really that easy? You can just kill someone and get outta here?" asks Monokuma.