He ran a hand through his hair before speaking. "Crashing the wedding?" He grinned at me.

"That's all you heard?" I chuckled, picking up a pillow from his bed and throwing it at him.

He chuckled, bending over to pick up the pillow. I couldn't help, but notice the painful expression on his face.

"Does it hurt?" I asked. He sighed, throwing the pillow on his bed.

"A little, yeah."

"What hurts?"

"Do you want me to be honest?" He asked, looking into my eyes.

"Of course," I shrugged, plopping on his bed.

"Everything."

My eyes searched his. He could hide it through the smiling and teasing, but I could see him for what he really was. A mess.

He had just lost his friend too. His life was at a halt. Everything would be different for him now.

"I can be cheesy and say everything will get better soon or I can be honest." I sighed.

"Honesty is the best policy." He teased.

I sucked in a breath before standing up from the bed. I walked to him, before kneeling in front of him.

"Everything is not going to get better." His eyes shot at me like that was the last thing he thought I would say.

"It's going to hurt a lot, you're going to see people living their lives like nothing happened. People who you thought were your friends are going to turn their backs on you, and you might feel like you're going at it alone, but you're not." I say, reaching for his hand.

"You've got me. And if in some alternate universe where you were completely alone. If you're family were to one day pack up and leave you, if Ryder fled the country, and if you had nobody to carry your heart. I would be right there next to you."

"I knew I made a good choice with you." He grinned, squeezing my hand tighter.

I smiled, not being able to hold my grin back either.

*knock*knock*

I stood up from in front of Jaxon to see his mother standing in the doorway.

Jaxons smile instantly vanished at the sight of her.

I stood to the side awkwardly at their staring competition.

"I should go." I mumbled.

"No, please. Stay for dinner." She offered.

"I should get ho-

"Please Jasmine. I insist." She said with a small smile.

I glanced between her and Jaxon before accepting her offer.

"Ok, yeah I'll stay." I smiled awkwardly. I guess their relationship still hadn't been mended.

"Great. Dinner's downstairs." She smiled, before walking away.

I turned back to Jaxon who's eyes were still trained on the door.

"Well that was strange." I mumbled, turning to sit next to him.

"Yeah." He grumbled before turning the wheels to his chair and leaving the room.

Well this just went to strange to very very strange.

I followed him out of the room to see him at the top of the stairs. His wheelchair was at the edge as he gazed down. For a second I wondered if he was going to grip the wheels and go full force down, but he just sat their staring.