17.) I Want This

Ten minutes later, and we had arrived at our new destination. I stared at the restaurant in awe. The parking lot was packed with cars, and the red neon light sign filled the dark parking lot. The words were in another language, but it looked close to Chinese to me.

Everyone piled out of the car, while I headed to the front of the restaurant.

"Not so fast, Dork." Ryder grabbed me by my elbow.

"You're not going in there wearing that." He sighed, slapping an annoyed palm over his face.

"What do you mean?" I stop to see Jaxon, stepping into a pair of slacks in the parking lot. An 'O' forms my face when I notice Riley stepping into a small black dress.

Ryder mocked my expression, before yanking me back to the car. "Now get dressed." He demanded, moving to the drivers side of the Jeep. I eyed Jaxon, watching as he slowly buttoned his shirt, then my eyes moved to Riley, who was now putting her hair in a headband.

"So is this the part where I call my fairy godmother so she can magically make my dress and shoes appear?" I sarcastically ask to no-one in particular.

Jaxon stops buttoning his shirt midway. "You guys didn't tell her?" That sleepy look was still in his eyes.

"Riley I thought you would've told her." Ryder defends himself, looking at a guilty looking Riley.

Riley closed the car door on her side, walking to meet my gaze. "I'm so so sorry Jas! I forgot! I was just so caught up in the first thing I wasn't thinking-

Jaxon cut off her rambling by simply pulling me away from her.

"I have a spare outfit." He plopped me down in the seat in front of him. This boy certainly knew how to clean up! I stayed silent as Jaxon pulled out a duplicate Tux from the trunk. I guess I am going to be twinning with my crush. Wait... I am going to be twinning with my crush, on what could potentially be my first date! I am going to kill Riley!

"Lift your leg." I obliged, as Jax rolled the slacks around my ankle and up my leg.

In the end, our outfits really were identical. I hopped out of the car after being dressed by Jaxon, I turn to face him.

I eyed him suspiciously like a protagonist seeing their arch nemesis for the first time in years. I moved my left arm, while he mimicked my move. I quickly put my arm back down, lifting my right foot, causing him to move the same foot, with a big, goofy grin dancing on his lips.

"It's like looking in a mirror." I mumble for only us two to hear, causing him to laugh.

"Will you idiots stop it, we made a reservation." Ryder said, fixing the collar of his tux, before gripping Rileys waist, and pulling her by his side.

"Hold on." Jaxon turns me to face him one more time, before tucking my collar, he kneeled down pulling my slacks over my shoes before giving me a nod of approval. I beamed up at him, gripping his waist, and pulling him next to me like how Ryder had done before.

He shoved a hand through my hair, messing it up, before placing a soft kiss on the top of my head, he whispered in my ear. "You look beautiful tonight."

Maybe I was wrong about Jaxon, all along. Maybe he's not a player. Maybe when Tia said she forgave him 'again and again' it was because he kept making her go on stupid double dates with Riley and Ryder, like this.

Who am I kidding? I know what she meant. But how could he be so nice to me today? But a total turd to me yesterday? But completely ignore me the first time we met?

Why am I thinking about all of this now?

"Reservation for Jaxon Scott." I glanced at Jaxon at the sound of Ryder using his name on the reservation, only receiving a wink from him, I decided to let it go.