They all moved towards the dining but stopped when Nithya spoke rooted in her place and face showing nothing but fury.

Nithya: What about Vinay said about Mithra being a victim ?

Goutham: I don't want to talk about it.

Nithya: We all have every rights to know what happened to her and why exactly she was targeted to be killed. I had been with her like a shadow for so many years and how did I not know about this ?

Kavitha: Goutham, please tell us that whatever Vinay said were all lie. My daughter is very innocent and she doesn't deserve anything like that.

Chandru: Is it Pranav ?

Goutham nodded and gritted his teeth and clenched his fist to control his anger.

Ravi:  We all love Mithra inspite of her past. We will keep her safe from whoever is trying to harm her.

Goutham: Pranav, he is the one behind all of her pain. He is the one who helped that bitch to kidnap Mithra. Don't ask me anything more than this.

Shylaja: Is that why you did not want Mithra to know about Nithya's plan to avenge him ?

Goutham nodded his head and everyone hugged him. Kavitha cried hard that how hard he had kept her from the truth to let her live the life to the fullest and loved her even after knowing the cruelty life has put her into.

Nithya: That mother fucking bastard... how could he hurt my flower..how dare he ? I will kill him with my own hands. He doesn't deserve to live and he has to die today and I swear to do that to him.

Nithya started to walk away furiously with the only thought in her mind to kill Pranav but Goutham roared stopping her in tracks.

Goutham: Stop right there Nithya.

Nithya stopped and turned to face him with her chest heaving in anger. Chandru rushed to her and side hugged her to calm her down.

Goutham: You will not do anything. You hear me ... You will not do anything on your own against him. I respect you for the love and care you have for Mithra but I will not let you to do anything on your own. Just go along with the plans made already and anything further will be done or decided by Mithra. I hope you respect my words. Also I m telling this to all of you and please don't get me wrong. I want you all to get to back to homes and your normal routine. 

Kavitha: Goutham, I will stay here and take care of Mithra. 

Vinay: Yes mama. Let amma be here and she doesn't have to leave the home so that there won't be any problem also.

Goutham: Please understand, if some one who is watching you all come to know that Kavi ma is missing in her home for too long then it might give into their suspicion. Again I can't allow your frequent visits here which might end up in trouble for Mithra. So have patience and pray for her. I will take care of her.

Without waiting for their reply he informed Rehman to take care of their dinner and he returned to Mithra and waved his hand gesturing the nurse to leave the room. He closed his eyes and laid next to her with his face nuzzling in her neck. A drop of his tear touched her skin and his lips kissed her gently.

Goutham: Wake up twinkle... everyone needs you. I need you...

His moment with Mithra was broke when there was a knock on the door. Grunting in annoyance he opened the door and froze to see Raghuvaran standing before him. He came out of his trance and cleared his throat moving aside to let him with the thought that he would have come to meet Mithra.

Raghuvaran took slow steps towards the bed and sat next to Mithra. He raised his trembling hands and touched Mithra's head and tears rolled down from his eyes uncontrollably. 

Raghu: Mithra ma, eppadi da irukka ? Naa sorry solla varala ma, sonnalum adhukku value irukadhu yen na naa pannadhu thappu illa pavam. Nee ippadi irukka nanum oru karanam. Nee jeichita Mithra, na ennoda ego, apram bayathula thothuten. Muppadhu varusham enkooda irundha yennoda ponnu enna vittu poita nu ego, enga ne unnoda kalyana life la tholvi aagiduviyo nu bayam, appadi unna pakka enakku dhairiyam illanu bayam. 

En ponnu kitta thothu poiten nu romba sandhoshama irukku ma. Nee innum nalla vaazhanum Mithra, neenga ellarum enna yethukala nalum naa dhoorathula irundhu sandhosha paduven. Seekiram yelundhuru ma, unnoda Goutham ku nee evlo mukkiyam nu unakku theriyum la ? ne saadhikka vendiyadhu neraya irukku. Adhellam paakka naa kathutu iruken da. 

( Mithra dear, how are you ? I m not here for seeking your forgiveness, it doesn't hold any value even if I ask because what I did was not a mistake, it was a sin. I m a reason too for you being here like this. You won Mithra and I lost because of my ego and my fear. My ego was because my daughter whom I raised for thirty years left me and i was scared that you might fail in your marriage, I was scared to see you in that broken state. 

I m happy that I lost to my daughter dear. You should live a perfect life Mithra, even if you all don't accept me, I will be a distance from you all and be happy for you. Wake up soon and you know how important you are to your Goutham right ? There is a lot that you need to accomplish and I want to see you achieve everything dear )

He opened his wallet and opened a small paper folding with holy ash which he had all time with him and applied on Mithra's forehead. Wiping his tears he got up to leave but stopped before Goutham still not looking at him and had his gaze on the floor.

Raghuvaran: Naa unga mela innum kovama dhan irukken. ( I m still angry with you )

Goutham: You have all the rights to be. I failed to save her.

Raghu: Yes, when you were around her all the time protecting her from every harm then why did you leave her alone on her final day of college ? Why did you not protect her ? After all these years of protecting her, even after knowing that her life is at risk why did you leave her alone and went on the business trip ?  Wasn't it your responsibility to protect her knowing very well how incapable of a man her father is ?

Goutham: Even my sorry has no value because I did not fail her once but twice and both the times she almost touched the doors of death and hell. I m not sure if you will believe me but Mithra was never angry with you. I love her very much but I can never compete with the love she has for you and your love for her so please don't feel guilty because we all are at fault. Mithra will be happy that you are here to meet her. I promise you that I will never fail again.

Raghu: You will never fail. If you fail then its a failure for the love itself. You are the only person I trust with my daughter. Take care of yourself, she will not put you in pain for long and will wake up very soon. Stay strong.

Raghuvaran patted Goutham's cheek and left the room. They both left the room not aware of the drop of tear that rolled down from the corner of Mithra's eyes.

***************

A/N:

I m managing to give updates daily with 2000 plus words. Please take a minute to drop your comment. I would love to assess the work done by me with the comments from you all. 

Your votes and comments are the only boost that keep encouraging me to give updates on daily basis. Love u all ❤️.

Take care and Thank you