Chapter 1: Walking Pink Fairytale Disaster in That Fab Tux.

Start from the beginning

This was so convenient.

“Cindy, I’m here!” I yelled as I barged into her room.

Frankly speaking, the look on her face was scary. She ran towards me and clutched both my arms.

“Kenny is sick! What are we going to do? He was supposed to be best man! It must have been those shrimps at the bachelor’s party. He’s been shut in his room since hours and all I can hear is the sound of puking and loud groans.”

I panicked. Kenny was her brother. (Cindy and James made some pact about exchanging their siblings since I can’t be best man and Kenny can’t be maid of honour. For some strange reason they don’t want any of their friends becoming either.) And I had to walk with him. It seemed like that was not going to happen. But contrary to what Cindy thought, the shrimps were not bad at all because James seemed quite fine to me, and he loved shrimps.

I looked at Cindy who was frantically calling up everybody she knows, asking for a best man. Everybody but James. Don’t ask. It’s like it was her best man instead of his. Finally when I though she was getting far too worked up, I said, “It’s not necessary for him to be close to my age, you know, it’s just one walk after all. Can’t you ask one of James’ friends?”

She brightened up considerably, but not because of my idea. “That’s it! I’ll ask one of Kenny’s friends! You’ll make the perfect pair!” My face fell.

Kenny hangs out with the popular crowd at high school and I don’t really think many of them are nice. Not that I’m at the bottom of the food chain, but I’m not exactly on top either. I knew Kenny only because he’d been my neighbour for, like, forever, and he was nice, but his group and mine didn't mingle at all.

“Who are you going to ask?” I asked, hoping that it would be Eric. He was one of Kenny friends, who was supposedly decent.

And, okay, the fact that he was sexy didn’t hurt.

“I don’t know, I’ll look them up on Facebook and decide who makes the best pair with you. Its okay, you just have to wait and go with the guy that’s opposite you. You might know him. After all, you're in the same school.”

I knew almost everyone in the school, and it’s not because it was the only school around here, but because I was the official photographer for the school newspaper. And I did some interviews as well.

Oh well, I hoped it was someone nice. Eric is nice.

And I have to get my mind off him.

Cindy seemed to look at me for the first time. I braced myself for the coming assault as I saw a look of horror dawning on her face.

“Oh My God! What have you done to your hair? And those heels are black. You are so not wearing black to my wedding, young lady. Go get my pink heels from the closet! And makeup! Not that junk of yours, we’ll use mine. Where’s the Foundation?”

Really, did nobody tell her that it’s her wedding?!

And I was going to comb my hair.

~~~

Everything was perfect, even though Cindy’s mother was fussing over the flowers. Cindy was looking breathtakingly beautiful, with her pale blond hair shining through the veil.

You wouldn’t know that she had been freaking out just minutes ago about her best man. I mean, James’ best man.

Her mother was going to give her away, and I could see James looking happier than any man should be allowed to look on his wedding day. I bet he didn’t feel shackled at all.

I was, unfortunately, wearing the frilly pink dress. I could feel my hair resting on the top of my head in some sophisticated hairstyle, the flowers just above my ear.

For a hundredth time, I was glad my height measured five feet ten inches, or this dress would have swallowed me up. It had that many layers. Really.

Then, I saw him. Him.

The captain of the football team— voted the hottest guy last term. And absolutely the last person I wanted to see. There were a bunch of other guys from school but Jake Kincaid stood out.

I quickly averted my eyes before he saw me. I certainly did not want to fight with him on my brother’s wedding day, I reminded myself. I resolved to stick to the best man like a leech throughout the wedding and avoid Kincaid at all costs.

And then, when it was my turn to walk down the aisle, I saw him coming towards me, and that was when I realized that he was the best man.

Damn Cindy! Of all the guys on Facebook, she thinks I looked the best with him? I mean, come on, Eric and I would make a much cuter couple, believe me.

I yelped just as he held out his hand for me to take. Right. Talk about showing the enemy how flustered you are.

I tried to discern his expression but he was doing his best to ignore me, and I did not want to be caught staring, so I looked straight ahead and focused on walking without tripping in Cindy’s pencil heels. They were a little loose and my feet kept slipping.

Why does Cindy have such big feet?

I resigned myself to getting embarrassed and surreptitiously clutched a little tighter at Kincaid’s arm. If he noticed, he didn’t say anything, for which I refused to be grateful. He had gone out of his way to be mean to me all week, since school started, for no particular reason.

Then we parted ways, and after the “I do’s”, James swept Cindy up in his arms and gave her the sweetest kiss ever.

I think he whispered to her that he would never ever leave her.

God, my cocky smartass brother just said that he would die before he left Cindy. I was so overwhelmed; I just couldn’t summon the strength to roll my eyes.

I was too busy focusing on not getting them teary.

-mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsapoiuytrewq-

Sooo, first chapter, huh? How was it, how was it??? Oh my just tell me already I want to know what you think! *insecure writer here*

Also, RandomFactAboutMe #1: I like vanilla. And no, it's not boring. It's a classic <3 (just to clear this up I am talking about ICE-CREAM, and not anything else heheh)